boxfrederick
boxfrederick, Software/Computer Expert
Experience:  Expert in computer technical support/10 yrs exp, Software Engineer 4 yrs exp, Networking 6 yrs exp

Regarding disposable email addresses and the base name ,

Customer Question

Regarding "disposable email addresses" and the "base name", trying to set this up I didn't understand I could only change my mind ONCE.

Surely there is a way to let me start over. Otherwise, this feature will be useless to me!
Category: Computer
Expert:  boxfrederick replied 3 years ago.

boxfrederick :

Hello, my name is Frederick and I am here to assist you.

Customer :

Hi Frederick

boxfrederick :

hello

boxfrederick :

you ask about disposable emails

boxfrederick :

with what service is this

Customer :

Regarding "disposable email addresses" and the "base name", trying to set this up I didn't understand I could only change my mind ONCE. Surely there is a way to let me start over. Otherwise, this feature will be useless to me!

Customer :

Yahoo Mail Premium

boxfrederick :

What is the problem exactly, like you wanted a different username

boxfrederick :

Your talking about the address guard feature correct

Customer :

An option is to have what Yahoo calls "disposable" emails. You choose a "base name" and then can have up to 500 add-ons. Idea is, if you start getting spam, you can just delete or dispose of that email address.

boxfrederick :

yes this is correct and an address guard feature

boxfrederick :

you can create more disposable addresses if you wish

boxfrederick :

just remove the first one

boxfrederick :

and then start over

Customer :

The "base name" is permanent - it turns out!

Customer :

The screen said something like, sorry but you will have to live with it!

boxfrederick :

ok, hold on getting instructions it should be changeable unless they removed it

boxfrederick :

wait, have you changed it once already, it only gives you 2 chances

Customer :

your thoughts??

boxfrederick :

boxfrederick :
  1. On the Disposable Email Addresses page, select any of your disposable addresses, then click the Edit button.

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]433.0769230769231[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

The edit window opens.

2. At the top of the window to the right of your base name, click the Delete link.

Click the Delete link.

3. Confirm the deletion.

Customer :

yes, ive used the 2 chances. If there was a warning, i missed it.

boxfrederick :

no, there is no warning besides the confirmation

boxfrederick :

If you don’t like the base name you’ve created or you made a spelling error, you can delete it and start over. All disposable addresses created with the base name are deleted. You have two opportunities to create a base name that you like (in other words, you can change it once).

boxfrederick :

That is directly from yahoo

boxfrederick :

So if you already made and deleted one you cannot delete the second one

Customer :

This delete is only for "shopping" in your example. Not the base name, jacaranda9441

boxfrederick :

Since you have yahoo plus you can call customer support and ask them to remove and allow you to make another

Customer :

Call? I searched for a CS number. I have to pay $30 for a phone #?

boxfrederick :

Its for the basename, was showing all others that would be removed

boxfrederick :

NO

boxfrederick :

You only pay if happy

Customer :

Would you be happy :)

boxfrederick :

Im just telling you there is nothing you or me can do if you already changed it once, that is how they have there system setup

Customer :

OK, I'm not satisfied. Please remove my Paypal deposit of $30

boxfrederick :

Depends, im happy to have helped you and let you know you exhausted your one attepmt

boxfrederick :

That was what you needed to know about

Customer :

Isn't this Yahoo Tech Support?

boxfrederick :

To fix if they will do it must be done from yahoos side

boxfrederick :

Its a support option we assist many web sights and companies

Customer :

Look, I'm not happy or satisfied. Final.

boxfrederick :

But we do not have access to there systems or servers so cannot make changes directly

boxfrederick :

Can assist you in directing you on what you can do

boxfrederick :

I am sorry if you were confused about this

Customer :

Hey, I'm signing off. I better not be charged boxfrederick.

boxfrederick :

you have already been charged for the deposit but no payment was made to me

boxfrederick :

I would like to assist you as far as I can.

boxfrederick :

I was just letting you know that if you changed your disposable base name once it cannot be done again without having it reset

Customer :

A deposit is not a charge unless I'm satisfied. Ya'll couldn't help me.

Customer :

This is why I called - to have it reset. I already know what you have told me.

boxfrederick :

Because there is no way for me to help besides giving advice. Your problem ws you already used the disposable mail base name twice, I wish I could but cannot change this.

Customer :

Have I lost $30 over this unsuccessful use of Yahoo Tech Support?

Customer :

??

boxfrederick :

No sir, you can ask for a refund. Or you can use to ask other questions that you may have

Customer :

A refund, please.

boxfrederick :

I tried to assist you and apologize that you cannot change what you want. It is how the system was set up by yahoo mail. Ill ask for a credit refund.

Customer :

Thank you.