Rojus Alappat
Rojus Alappat, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  5+ Years of Experience as System Admin.
50059793

My incoming messages in Outlook Express will not open up.

Customer Question

My incoming messages in Outlook Express will not open up. I receive an error message: 0x800c0133. I can access my messages through my Verizon account, but not through My Outlook Express Inbox.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Rojus Alappat replied 3 years ago.

Rojus Alappat :

Hi... Welcome to Just Answer Support...
I am Rojus... Hope I can assist you to solve this issue...

Rojus Alappat :

1. Open Outlook Express, on the left pane, right click "Local Folders", select "New Folder...", specify a name for your new folder as "Temp".

2. If you are still able to access "Inbox", move all mails in "Inbox" to the new "Temp" folder.

3. Go to menu "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Maintenance" tab -> "Store Folder" button. It will show the location of your Inbox file, please remember this location.

4. Close Outlook Express, go to the location mentioned above, delete the file "inbox.dbx".

5. Restart Outlook Express, the "Inbox" folder should be auto recreated. Move back your mails to the new "Inbox", remove the "Temp" folder.

Rojus Alappat :

Hope this will help you to solve the issue...

Rojus Alappat :

Kindly let me know if you need further assistance...

Rojus Alappat :
Customer :

Hi, Rojus--I am stuck--how do I move all e-mails in my "Inbox" to the new folder (I have given it dates for a title, rather than "temp")?

Rojus Alappat :

just open the folder where you have mails to move

Rojus Alappat :

and right click on the right pane

Rojus Alappat :

and just right click on the mails that you want to move

Rojus Alappat :

and there you can see an option "move to folder"

Rojus Alappat :

select it

Rojus Alappat :

and then select the temp folder

Rojus Alappat :

and it will move to the selected folder

Rojus Alappat :

got clear ?

Customer :

I want to move all 7574 e-mails in my Inbox to the temp folder. I tried right clicking in the blank space, but nothing happens. How do I indicate that I want to move all 7574 e-mails?

Rojus Alappat :

select all mails and move it to temp folder

Rojus Alappat :

select all mails which is there in inbox folder

Rojus Alappat :

by opening the inbox foldfer and by pressing ctrl+A

Customer :

I have highlighted all e-mails in the Inbox as you have said. How do I move them to the temp folder?

Rojus Alappat :

once it got highlighed, just right click on it and select "move to folder"

Rojus Alappat :

done ?

Customer :

I did as you suggested, and the little hourglass icon came up and has been on for over 6 minutes now. It looks like it may be frozen. Should I stop and try again?

Rojus Alappat :

no it has not frozen now

Rojus Alappat :

you just do one thing

Rojus Alappat :

try to move 10 mails now and try again

Rojus Alappat :

as it has lot many mails, it will take some time

Customer :

How do I highlight just 10 e-mails? When I press Ctrl and A, it highlights all of them.

Rojus Alappat :

select first mails by pressing "ctrl" key

Rojus Alappat :

sorry

Rojus Alappat :

select mails by pressing ctrl key

Customer :

I'm sorry Rojus--if I just press the Ctrl key, it only selects one e-mail. How can I select 100 e-mails?

Rojus Alappat :

that is what i am telling

Rojus Alappat :

by holding "ctrl" key select mails one by one

Rojus Alappat :

using mouse

Rojus Alappat :

get me >?

Customer :

I'm sorry, I do not understand. How can I select many e-mails at the same time? What you are saying is to move the e-mails one by one. There are over 7,000 e-mails! Surely, there must be a way to highlight a bigger number of e-mails than one to move at one time....

Rojus Alappat :

you are using a laptop or a desktop ?

Rojus Alappat :

no... what i told is select 100 mails...

Rojus Alappat :

for that keep holding "ctrl" key on key board

Rojus Alappat :

and select the 100 mails by clicking mails one by one upto 100 mails

Rojus Alappat :

or you can select one mail in the right pane and keep holding "shift" key and press down arrow key

Rojus Alappat :

then it will select multiple mails

Rojus Alappat :

if you want to select upwards press up arrow keys

Rojus Alappat :

get me ?

Customer :

Rojus--I did that, and moved some e-mails. But now, it looks like I have made a copy of my entire 7574 e-mails inbox in my temporary folder. So I now have all of those e-mails in both my Inbox and my temporary inbox folders. What do I do now?

Rojus Alappat :

1. Go to menu "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Maintenance" tab -> "Store Folder" button. It will show the location of your Inbox file, please remember this location.

2. Close OE, go to the location mentioned above, delete the file "inbox.dbx".

3. Restart OE, the "Inbox" folder should be auto recreated. Move back your mails to the new "Inbox", remove the "Temp" folder.

Rojus Alappat :

OE means outlook express

Rojus Alappat :

are you able to follow the steps ?

Rojus Alappat :

kindly let me know if you need any assistance...

Customer :

Yes--I am writing you. Please wait!

Rojus Alappat :

ok

Customer :

The location of my INBOX folder is C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop User\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\(7489A979-F1F3-4A5F-BB8E-252861C93DC)\Microsoft\Outlook Express.

Customer :

Can I put that in an easier to remember folder? What do I do with that information?

Rojus Alappat :

ok

Rojus Alappat :

just save the path to somewhere

Rojus Alappat :

open the same mentioned folder

Customer :

How do I do that? What do you mean by "Somewhere"? I am not trying to be difficult, do you mean on my computer? If so, where??

Rojus Alappat :

just open c drive

Rojus Alappat :

then open "Documents and Settings" folder

Customer :

OK, now what...?

Rojus Alappat :

then open rest of the folders till you get outlook folder

Rojus Alappat :

Desktop User\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\(7489A979-F1F3-4A5F-BB8E-252861C93DC)\Microsoft\Outlook Express.

Rojus Alappat :

kindly let me know if yu are unable to see any folders

Customer :

I have opened all the way through to the Outlook Express folder. It contains 17 items, among them Inbox.dbx, Inbox.bak, Inbox 12209-72511.dbx (I guess this is the temp folder I just set up), and Old Inbox 12209.dbx (which has my older messages, that I set up several years ago). Should I now delete the file "Inbox.dbx"?

Rojus Alappat :

yea

Rojus Alappat :

please dont delete anything other than inbox.dbx

Customer :

The program will not let me delete it because it is being used (I have Outlook Express open to the Inbox. Should I close Outlook Express, or just the Inbox that is open?

Rojus Alappat :

just close outlook express

Rojus Alappat :

then only you will be able to delete it

Rojus Alappat :

done ?

Customer :

OK, I just deleted it. Now what needs to be done?

Rojus Alappat :

just open outlook express again

Rojus Alappat :

"Inbox" folder should be auto recreated. Move back your mails to the new "Inbox", remove the "Temp" folder

Customer :

Can I leave those 7574 e-mails in the folder I created, and just use my new Inbox the way it is? Since there are so many e-mails in the old Inbox (the temp file), maybe that was what caused my problem...

Customer :

I have no issue with just getting my new e-mails in the new Inbox.

Rojus Alappat :

you can just move the mails which is there in temp folder to the new inbox as we had done before to "temp" folder

Rojus Alappat :

can you please try to open mails which is there in inbox now ?

Rojus Alappat :

kindly let me know if your problem got solved...

Rojus Alappat :
Rojus Alappat :

are you there ?

Customer :

Sorry, I was interrupted. Yes, I am here, and it appears that the problem has been fixed. I will leave the old e-mails (prior to yesterday) in the temporary file, and accumulate new e-mails in my new Inbox. Thank you very much for your help. Unless you think I should do something else, I will click the ACCEPT button.

Rojus Alappat :

Ok thanks mad it is nice to hear from you that your problem got resolved

Rojus Alappat :

* and

Rojus Alappat :

also please dont forget to leave a positive message too...

Rojus Alappat :

i mean positive feedback...

Rojus Alappat :

are you there ?

Rojus Alappat :
Experience: 5+ Years of Experience as System Admin.
Thanks for the accept and for the bonus too... You can contact me through Just Answer in the future too for any assistance... Here is my Just Answer profile link...

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-rojusalappat/