IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

How To Reset To Factory Reset Tablet Viewsonic Vpad Tablet

How To Reset To Factory Reset
Tablet Viewsonic Vpad Tablet Pc 10s
Submitted: 5 years ago via HelpOwl.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you solve your problem.

Locate a little reset hole on your device and insert a thin, straight object (like paper clip) and hold it for about 10 seconds. Then it should power off and reset to factory settings.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Veldhoven, 27 juli 2011

Hi Miro,

I recieved your solution. But it does not solve my problem.

It suits to viewpad 10(windows 7). My viewpad is a 10s

(with only android). So i will ask you to find the right

answer for my problem.

In the meantime i stay with frendly regards,

Jan Vlielander
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 years ago.
Well, it should work for your model as well.

Locate reset hole and reset your device as I described.

If that doesn't work, you can find if there is software reset feature available in your Android OS, somewhere in device settings.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Veldhoven, 28 juli

Dear sir,

I recieved your answer. But it does not help.

As told I have opened the tablet and after that I looked for a hole or something else that to be able te set back in factory status. I saw nothing. On the outside of the tablet I just see 5 holes: 4 for the screws and 1 for the microfoon.

May be the following sugestion helps me: I hold the tablet with the front to my eyes. Then I see an upper side, a under side, a left side and a right side. On the upperside there is the on-off switch. On the right side there is a switch fot the sound. Now we have 4 orientation-points. Can you met tell me now exact where the reset hole should be. I hope you can.

Waiting for your solution in the meantime I stay with frendly regards.

Jan Vlielander.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 years ago.
Hi again!

I did some research about your device - Viewpad 10s, and I found a PDF manual that describes updating process as well as restoring your device to factory defaults.

Apparently, there is no reset hole or button as I suggested. It's strange because such devices usually have hardware reset option.

Anyway, download ViewPad 10s Manual. Go to page 7 and you should see this Software tool image:

Viewpad 10s - software tool

So, you need to go to Menu of your device, select Settings and then Software tool. Choose option number 4 - Erase all content and settings. By clicking that and confirming, you should successfully reset your device.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

dear sir,

the last solution you gave me is the right one.
i now have a tablet with factory installation.
i am content and thank you for your time
with greetings,
jan vlielander

Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 years ago.
I am glad I could help. Smile