Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

On my xbox 360, I accidently typed in the wrong email address

Customer Question

On my xbox 360, I accidently typed in the wrong email address and now I can't get microsoft points and my 12 month membership. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is Dustin, And I am one of the experts who will assist you today!

did you just get a new system, that came with the 12 month membership and free points?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My xbox is new and it came with a 1 month free trial only and no free points.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Ok.

you mentioned 12 months, and points though?

had you just purchased a 12 month trial, and points? please clarify
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My biggest problem is that I accidentally put in the wrong email address. (homeofgrace is my mom's email.) My Dad's email address is XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. I accidentally put in XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and that doesn't have a password. And we tried to make a new password but everytime we try, it requests that we put the existing password in. PLEASE HELP, I AM SO UPSET!
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
im sorry. i cant see what you typed, this is what i see

can you retype that message, and just tell me the websites of the accounts, like

hotmai, gmail, aol, etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
rocketmail
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
ok, so the mistyped account was a rocketmail account

one you dont have the password too..

was it a real rocket mail account?

or one that you acccidentaly typed that doesnt actually exist..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it is one "that I accidently typed that doesn't exist"
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
gotcha..

heres what we do.

go to yahoo.com, which makes rocketmail

create anew account

create the exact same rocketmail account , that xbox live wants, but doesnt exist

since it doesnt exist, we can create it!

then.. you can use that account to claim your points, and membership.. make sense?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It doesn't want the account, it wants the password only so that we can change the ID.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Apologies for the delay.. I just seen your message.

You cant hav a password, without an account..

So.. you need to create the account, that way you will then have an actual password you can use.. To get in, an chage the ID.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I cannot create an email adress because I misspelled it as in XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX there is no way to create an account that cannot exist. What do I do now?
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
There is a way to create an account that doesnt exist.

Go to yahoo

Make a new account

make the name exactly the same as the account that "" doesnt exist""

now.. It does exist, because your created it!!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
please tell me exactly how to creat an account named "XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX" I can't make it happen on my own.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
ok, thats supposed to be a rocketmail account right?

i cant see what the name is supposed to be.. this is what i see

can you write out what its supposed to be like

emailname at email.com

but type it in exactly as it needs to be.. just use the word at instead of the @ sign

thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

slow at rocetmail.com
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
question.

when you typed it in originallly, did you type it in as

rocetmail.com

or rocketmail.com ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

rocetmal.com
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
you spelled it differently two times...

can you please take your time.. and spell it for me.. carefully..

thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

He created this non-email account via his xbox not via my computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. i understand what your saying..

this is what i see on your reply though

"""
XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

He created this non-email account via his xbox not via my computer""

see how the email is blocked out..

please retype the non email account.. spelled exactly as its spelled on the xbox

but do not use the @ sign

just use the word at

such as.. emailname at email.com

make sure its spelled the same as on the xbox, and then..

im going to try and actualy create that account, and make it a real account
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
slow at rocetmale.com
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Yikes..

i cant make a rocetmale account
if it was rocketmail.com

i could make that..

ultimately, it looks like your just going to have to make another account to claim your membership and points

I dont have any further ideas, so im going to opt out , in hopes that another expert might have an idea im un-aware of

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I transfer all my saved games, awards and acheivements from one account to another?

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
The account you want to transfer from...

is it a working xbox live account, one that you can still access?