Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer

My ScanSoft Paperport 11 has stopped working. I am using a

Customer Question

My ScanSoft Paperport 11 has stopped working. I am using a Visoneer Roadwarrior Scanner 120 on Windows 7 Dell Laptop. I have been using this setup for some time and it just recently stopped working. When I open One Touch Docs if I select ScnanSfot PaperPort it scans and starts to open and then immediately gives this error:

PaperPort has stopped working...a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a a solution is available.then it comes back that No solution is available.

I have re-installed (repair) the program and checked for updates to no avail. Hoping you can help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thank you for using I am glad to assist you today.

Please do the following:

1. Uninstall the program from Control Panel
2. Cleanup with CCleaner

Cleanup with CCleaner

NOTE: If you are using a program named Roboform, please do not proceed with CCleaner cleanup. Roboform Data will be removed by CCleaner.

Please download the FREE version of CCleaner from this link:

Download FREE CCleaner Here or this link

After you download the free tool, install it and run the scans and tests. By default, it runs CLEANER to cleanup from all system mess which includes all unwanted files, temporary files, temporary internet files, orphaned files and more. Make sure that all this mess that the Cleaner program has detected is removed. This will free up some space in your hard drive while speeding up your system as well.

Next, run REGISTRY Cleaner and fix the found problems. Run this REGISTRY cleaner several times and fix the issues until no issues will be found.

In order to run the Registry cleanup mode, open CCleaner, then look at the left panel of the CCleaner window. Locate and click the Registry link there and that should give you the Registry cleanup mode. Then click on the Scan for issues button. When the scan reached 100%, click FIX issues to remove the errors from your system. Then click the Scan for issues again then FIX whenever issues are still found. When no issues are found, close CCleaner.

After the cleanup, restart the computer. After restarting, re-install the program using your installation disc.

3. Re-install the Program

I hope that helped.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will give it a try. If this solution doesn't work, how do I contact you? Is there an additional charge?
Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
Please bookmark this page. To bookmark, click Favorites => Add to Favorites. You can still post a reply to this page to keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further. NO, there will be no additional charges for this.