Rojus Alappat
Rojus Alappat, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  5+ Years of Experience as System Admin.
50059793

I have an EasyNote LJ61 and I cannot get bluetooth to turn

Customer Question

I have an EasyNote LJ61 and I cannot get bluetooth to turn on. Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Rojus Alappat replied 3 years ago.

Rojus Alappat :

Hi... Welcome to Just Answer Support...
I am Rojus... Hope I can assist you to solve this issue...

Customer :

Hi I am John.

Rojus Alappat :

Hi John..

Rojus Alappat :

It is Rojus here to assist you...

Customer :

I have tried going into system devices and cannot even find bluetooth.

Rojus Alappat :

so in the device manager window too you couldnt see it ?

Customer :

No.

Rojus Alappat :

ok...

Rojus Alappat :

so you will have to install the bluetooth driver first

Rojus Alappat :

I will give you the link for the same

Rojus Alappat :

you are using 32 bit or 64 bit vista ?

Customer :

I have tried updating all drivers. Why should the pc show bluetooth icon both above the keypad and in control panel if it is not already installed?

Rojus Alappat :

the function would shown there...

Customer :

Even without the driver installed?

Rojus Alappat :

but if you could see it in device manager , then only it seems to be installed proper drivers

Customer :

I cannot see it in device manager.

Rojus Alappat :

that is why i said to reinstall bluetooth driver

Rojus Alappat :

your vista is 32 bit or 64 bit ?

Customer :

From where? 32 bit

Rojus Alappat :

ok

Rojus Alappat :

http://www.driversforfree.com/omn_ofm_omd_dt_os_dd/packard-bell/easynote-en/lj61/bluetooth/windows-vista/packard-bell-broadcom-bluetooth-driver/search.aspx

Rojus Alappat :

please go through the above lik and download the bluetooth driver and install it

Customer :

OK I will try now.

Rojus Alappat :

ok

Rojus Alappat :

kindly let me know once you tried...

Rojus Alappat :

1- If you feel that my assistance was helpful to solve the issue, Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. So Please leave me a positive feedback if you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated.

Customer :

Sorry Rojus, the web site you directed me to just keeps going in a loop. I have created an account and they congratulate me but every time I try the download it takes me right back to sign in. 5 times now I have tried. Anywhere else?

Customer :

If I manage to dowload the driver and it works I will be delighted to release the deposit.

Rojus Alappat :

let me try once again...

Customer :

Please do.

Rojus Alappat :

please wait...

Rojus Alappat :

can you please try the following link ?

Rojus Alappat :

http://driversupdatedownload.com/-packard-bell-easynote-lj61-bluetooth-fixya-s/

Customer :

Yes I will now and come back to you.

Rojus Alappat :

ok

Customer :

Still trying.

Rojus Alappat :

have you downloaded the driver ?

Rojus Alappat :

got ?

Customer :

No. All the sites you recommend want me to scan my computer which is working extreemly well, except bluetooth. Come up with a list of things wrong and what me to pay another £50. I do not what bluetooth that badly.If my computer is lacking a bluetoth driver surely Packard Bell should be able to help me without being screwed.

Rojus Alappat :

try the following link then

Rojus Alappat :

i have already downloaded drivers frmom this link now

Rojus Alappat :

http://www.nodevice.com/driver/EN_LJ61/get75230.html

Rojus Alappat :

may i know the status please ?

Customer :

Downloading now

Rojus Alappat :

ok

Rojus Alappat :

May I know the status please ?

Customer :

I have now gone onto Packard Bell web site and downloaded the driver in a zip file. I have run out of time now but will re3turn later to se if I can install from the zip. If this works I will contact you and pay. Wherever I get the driver from and it works I will pay you for the advice. I hope that is ok with you.

Rojus Alappat :

Yea... That would be fine...

Rojus Alappat :

No issues...

Rojus Alappat :

Kindly let me know once you tried...

Customer :

Hi Rojus. I have tried to install from Zip but it stalls and is telling me it cannot find an external bluetooth device. What is that all about? I am giving up now and will revisit the problem tomorrow. If you have any other ideas please let me know.

Rojus Alappat :

it got installed right ?

Rojus Alappat :

was it once you installed the software and when searching for any bluetooth device ?

Rojus Alappat :

if it is like that, kindly enable bluetooth in your mobile and try once again. it will show our bluetooth device in it then

Rojus Alappat :

kindly let me know if you need further assistance

Customer :

No did not install. It wanted to search for an external device before it would progress. Any other ideas would be welcomed.

Rojus Alappat :

If it is searching, the driver which you have installed is correct and your bluetooth device mostly would be working fine...

Rojus Alappat :

So can you please check in your device manager that you have installed the driver properly ?

Rojus Alappat :

kindly let me know once you check it...

Customer :

No its not there. It simply will not work. There must be somthing else that is either missing or not switched on. I have been into device manager and it isn't there. I have tried switching it on and nothing. It is not seaching when I try to install via bluetooth is is saying it cannot find a plugged in device. I have searched the web and aparently it ios quite common and no one yet has posted a solution.The websites you sent me all require me to run a scan using there software. They all came up with various drivers that needed upgrading and I asked me to buy a programme that would update all my drivers. they all varied as to how many drivers needed updating fron 12 to over 40! I went into my Devices and chercked for uipgrades on all of my system. NONE we required. All up to date. What a fiddle.

Rojus Alappat :

are you sure that this model have bluetooth in it ?

Rojus Alappat :

or have you used it before ?

Rojus Alappat :

what i meant is have you used bluetooth in your laptop before ?

Customer :

I would have thought so. It has the icon above the keyboard as I said earlier and the icon on programes. No I have not used it before.

Rojus Alappat :

then either this model may not be having any bluetooth device, or your system's bluetooth device got complaint

Rojus Alappat :

that is why it is searching for external devices while installing the drivers

Customer :

I will go back to Packard Bell with my serial number and they can tell me ifr bluetooth is on this laptop. I cannot believe that it was not designed to have, Everything you buy now has.

Rojus Alappat :

that is right...

Rojus Alappat :

if it has bluetooth in it, that device got some complaint...

Rojus Alappat :

that is what i mentioned before

Rojus Alappat :

or the device may not be properly connected in your system

Rojus Alappat :

physically

Rojus Alappat :

so kindly check with the service centre and let me know...

Rojus Alappat :