Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Lap top is Acer Aspire 3610,,,(Daugther cp) ,,,running Win.7,,,,

Customer Question

Lap top is Acer Aspire 3610,,,(Daugther cp) ,,,running Win.7,,,, problem- added WoW to her cp, download was fine, trying to start we get message to make sure we have "Directx 9c" and also video drivers are updated.... went to device mgr. and noticed the "other devices" tab was opened and the device called Video Controller had exclamation point.. it is code 28 no driver,,,i tried to let Windows find and update but it says it cannot find manufacture,,,Help!!!!!My Daughter really wants to play WoW.....
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

S H E F I N :
Hello, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is Shefin and I will be happy to assist you.
S H E F I N :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer :

ready

S H E F I N :

Have you tried to download video driver from Acer computer?

Customer :

have not Downloaded anything yet

S H E F I N :

Alright.

Customer :

do u mean Acer web site

S H E F I N :

Please wait a minute, so that I can find the driver for you.

S H E F I N :

Yes.

Customer :

ok

S H E F I N :

Is it Acer Aspire 3610?

Customer :

yes it is

S H E F I N :

Are you using Windows 7 on your computer?

Customer :

yes I am

S H E F I N :

The computer came installed with Windows XP. Right?

Customer :

yes it did

S H E F I N :

It is difficult yo find Windows 7 driver for the computer.

S H E F I N :

Please wait for a couple of minutes.

Customer :

no problem.

S H E F I N :

I apologize for the delay in my response.

S H E F I N :

It is difficult to find the correct driver.

Customer :

if it's a few more min's Shefin, I'm going to step outside and have a smoke. Do i have the time?

S H E F I N :

I would suggest you use a driver scanner in order to find the correct video configuration.

S H E F I N :

With the configuration, we are able to find a driver that is compatible with Windows 7.

S H E F I N :

Please do not purchase the driver scanner.

S H E F I N :

Just use it for scanning in order to find the correct driver that the computer needs.

S H E F I N :

I will find you a driver scanner for you.

S H E F I N :

Please wait a minute.

Customer :

thank you Shefin

S H E F I N :

Please go to the link given below, and download the driver scanner. Please do not purchase it.

S H E F I N :

Please let me know when you complete the download.

Customer :

doing it now

S H E F I N :

After downloading, please install the same.

Customer :

its downloaded,,and installed,,do i start scan?

S H E F I N :

Yes.

S H E F I N :

When it completes, you will get outdated drivers name in Red.

S H E F I N :

Please let me know the exact names of the devices.

Customer :

says 7 outdated drivers & 58 updated drivers

S H E F I N :

Please let me know the exact names of the outdated drivers.

S H E F I N :

For getting the driver information, next to the device name, you will get two option signs, one is for Download and other is for info. Please select the second one.

Customer :

ok here they are,,intell R 82801fb/fbm usb, these are 1st 5 all universal host controler,,,,,next is under System devices,, intell R 82801 PCI Bridge - 2

S H E F I N :

Do you see anything related to video?

Customer :

1st one under IDE ATA/ATAPI.....intell(r)82801fb/fbm ultra ATA storage,,,,next 5 are under universal serial bus....intell(r) 82801fb/fbm usb...universal host controllers,,,,,,,the last is System Devices.....intell(r) 82801 pci bridge - 2

S H E F I N :

Alright.

S H E F I N :

Please wait for a minute.

S H E F I N :

Please go to the link given below, click Check you system for latest updates.

Customer :

i sent it 2 times

S H E F I N :

Please follow the information I have just given.

S H E F I N :

It will take some time to scan the system. However, use it to find the driver for your computer.

S H E F I N :

Have you run the system check?

S H E F I N :

You required to install some plugins in order to run the system check.

S H E F I N :

After running the system check, you will get the driver name and option to download the same.