Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer

Is Iyogi a service that is reputable I bought their service

Is Iyogi a service that is reputable? I bought their service last year and now they are asking me to pay an additional $270.00
Hi, thank you for using I am glad to assist you today.

YES, iyogi is a legitimate technical support provider. The fee that they want to charge you perhaps covers a full year of technical support. Please click on this link to know more about them:

However, here in JustAnswer, we also provide the best support for computer and other technical and non-technical areas in a per-question base or a subscription base. If you do not expect to be contacting for support several times, then it is a good idea to just pay for every question asked than to pay for the whole year.

I hope this helped.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Jess, does that mean I can use your services to fix supposed problem with my computer or does IYOGI have to do that.
Yes. We at JustAnswer provides technical support as well for computers and other fields or categories.

We offer Q&A method (like this one), chat method, or remote access (Not all experts prefers this).
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is the service to have them clean my computer as expensive as their service
What exactly is the cleanup of your computer covers? Please elaborate the cleanup requirements that you are referring to so that I can help you further.

Also, I do not have knowledge as to their charges as well, only those that are posted in their site. But here in JustAnswer, you post a question, you will get an answer that will help you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
they said my computer was going to crash and that is what they said last year which scared me into buying their service., I had only had the computer for several months and we do not go into strange sites but the scare tactics about my computer crashing is strange to me.
Well, that is strange. How did they know that your computer is about to crash? Did you allow them to access your computer remotely? If they did not access your computer then out of the blue they tell you that, then that is not a good tactics.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, they had told me that my computer had some problems. Last year I had a question regarding a software question and then they said my computer was going to crash. Like I said it was only 2 months old and very little use. They scared me into getting their service and I paid several hundred dollars since it was a new computer and didn't want any problems. I'm not really a super user so was scared into getting the service. Then they called and said my computer had problems. They said that I had to buy a 3 year program since a 1 year program was 199.00. Then they wanted me to use Western Union without any confirmation it was IYOGI. They told me it was them but scammers can tell you anything so really wasn't confortable because I wanted something with a logo that said IYOGI. But said I didn't need to do that .
Oh!!! That was 1000% SCAM.

Iyogi does not process payment through Western Union. Please do not pay them again this time. As far as my knowledge of what you have just described, it was purely a SCAM. Some scammer claims to be coming from Iyogi since it is a legitimate service provider. Other scammers also claim they are from Microsoft and will connect to your computer remotely and fix it using some cleanup process and then requires you to pay.

Please do not allow this to happen again or else they will get back to you regularly with their scam tactics.

Click on this link:

I hope that clarifies.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Who should I use to check out my computer to see if things are really bad? I really appreciate your help on this because it really frightened me and I certainly don't want to have my computer screwed up.

If there is nothing strange happening when you are using your computer, then there is nothing to worry about.

I believe that you have some sort of antivirus protection to keep you safe from possible virus infections. There is no need to buy antivirus software if you do not have one yet since there is a FREE antivirus software from Microsoft named Microsoft Security Essentials.

Also, please try the Malwarebytes cleanup procedures. This will detect and remove malwares that some antivirus software can miss.

Malwarebytes is FREE. Please do not buy the commercial version intended for corporate users if you are using a home computer.

Cleanup with Malwarebytes Antimalware

Please download the FREE version of Malwarebyte from this link:

Download FREE Malwarebytes Antimalware Here

After you download it, please install. During the FIRST RUN, please let it UPDATE. After the updates are installed, please perform a QUICK SCAN. Then REMOVE all malicious files found and restart your computer as part of the removal process.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I want to give you a very high praise on your service. Thank you so much for all your help. I know it was probably longer than expected but you are wonderful and have relieved my anxiety regarding this issue. Thank you
Thanks for your kindness. Thank you for using!

Best regards,