Travis B.
Travis B., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of experience in troubleshooting computer problems. A+ Computer Maintenance and Repair
16569391

I accidentally delete deleted my account on windows live e-mail

I accidentally delete deleted my account on windows live e-mail and lost all my folders. I was told that I can get all my mail and folders back. I have re-install my account and please would like to know how to get my folders and mail back.
Thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Travis B. replied 3 years ago.

Travis B. :

Hello Leon,

Customer:

Hello Travis

Travis B. :

Alright, just to verify a few things..you deleted your account with Windows Live email...the program on your computer..or did you actually delete the email address itself by going to Hotmail's website and deleting the email address?

Customer:

I wanted to delete a certain e-mail and by accident deleted my account. I dis not see that my cursor was on my account.

Travis B. :

I understand, so your deleted your email account from windows live mail, basically then you just put the account back in windows live mail and you want to get your emails and other data back, correct

Customer:

Correct

Customer:

Including my folders, is possible?

Customer:

if

Travis B. :

Alright one moment.

Customer:

This is what I got from Micro Soft: Hi Leon

To re-configure a email account in Windows mail please follow these steps

Go Tool - Email accounts – New – Internet Email – Click Next – Enter your username Password – Next and it will be re-configured and you will get back all you Folder’s back

Disclaimer :- If there are emails missing then you cannot retrieve it

Email me the response

Abid.Beediwale

Technical support Professional| Microsoft Technical Services

Convergys is an independent service provider to Microsoft and is acting under its instructions

This what I got from Micro soft:

Travis B. :

alright, and you have tried this..and nothing?

Travis B. :

Have you tried anything else, yet?

Customer:

No, hope you can help me as I do not see witch tools he was re-firing to, I do not see that option?

Travis B. :

Alright what do you see at the top?

Customer:

Home, folders, view, accounts. The tools option is with sent/receive/work offline...

Travis B. :

Accounts and then your account,

Customer:

e-mail, newsgroup, properties?

Travis B. :

Then you would follow the directions Microsoft gave you..

Travis B. :

That way wont work after creating a new account again within Windows Mail.

Alright, the only way your gonna get your folders, files and contact back is by using a recovery program, please download this file finder program to your computer:

CLICK HERE
Install it, and then in the search box type *.eml and click search

If it finds any of them, please copy them to a newly created folder on your
desktop, open the new desktop folder and drag/drop all messages back into a
newly created folder in WLM' Storage folders.

If not, you will need to use a commercial program like the one found here:

http://www.emailadept.com/Windows-Mail-Undelete.htm

Glad I could be of assistance, If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work also feedback is highly appreciated!

Travis B.

Customer:

Ok Travis, a lot of mails are coming up with "code" names. How do I open these mails?

Customer:

Thank you Travis, I think I got it. God bless and good night.

Travis B., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: 7+ years of experience in troubleshooting computer problems. A+ Computer Maintenance and Repair
Expert:  Travis B. replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Travis B. replied 3 years ago.

CLICK HERE

Travis B.