Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

I was on gmailXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and was having problems with

Customer Question

I was on gmailXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and was having problems with it - the format was not right and when the emails came in I couldn't hardly read them because the page was down too far and when i arrowed down it was hard to see them unless i deleted some and so i was trying to fix the problem went in to put a new theme on and then all of a sudden i couldn't find my gmail icon. I tried everything and so I tried to restore but that wouldn't work either so i put a new email address on to see if that would correct the problem but it didn't the format was like the one i don't like so i really want to go back to my old gmail addressXXX@XXXXXX.XXX -- can you help me?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Hi there and welcome to Justanswer.

To fix your problem, I will need this info:

Are you using Internet Explorer for your internet browser? It has a blue E as the icon, and you click that to get to the internet.

Please use the box at the bottom of this page to reply.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I use google
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
As a test, lets try a free alternative browser called Firefox, go to this link: www.firefox.com

Click the green download button on that link, then run the download and install the browser.

Use the Firefox browser (double click the firefox icon on your desktop) and in it's address bar at the top, type www.gmail.com and press enter on the keyboard.

Log into your old gmail account, does it show correctly now? If so, I'll show you how to get the icon back.

*Please acknowledge my answer by pressing the Accept Answer button, that is solely how I am compensated for my efforts if satisfied, if not please get back to me first.
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience: 6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i couldn't get firefox to respond
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Try restarting the computer, then start up firefox, it should start up then.

Just add this page to your favorites or bookmarks, so you can return to this session after you've rebooted the pc. Or check your JustAnswer emails, there will be a link in there.

Additionally, here is a permanent web link to get back to this session, write this down:
http://is.gd/FezMmv

I'll stand by.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bernie I tried firefox just the way you told me and downloaded it and it would not respond.
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Yes - I understand, sometimes you need to reboot the pc after installing a new program for it to work, please see my last reply.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i went to firefox and i really don't want to be on it i really don't understand it - i have had gmail for about 6 months and i always opened it in google and liked it that is what i would like to have back if possible. i put in my email address at firefox and all it said was it was signing me up for something -- i feel like i'm wasting my money and not getting any place -- please help me all i want is my gmail XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX back and delete my jchnt80@gmail.
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
It is a troubleshooting step, so I can see if the issue is with Internet Explorer, or your computer - you do not have to use Firefox permanently, but did firefox allow you to view your gmail correctly?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Are you absolutely sure that you started up firefox, and logged into gmail with it (not using Internet Explorer, but Firefox) - and it still looked messed up there? Please confirm that so I give you the correct step to solve this issue -
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i never logged into email - when i double clicked on firefox it ask for my email and i gave it to them and it was signing me up for info to send me.
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Here is what I posted previously, please read my directions carefully. It should not ask you to create any new email address:

Log into your old gmail account, does it show correctly now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i did try this just now and i did get into gmail but it was the new account jchnt80@gmail not the XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
I see - I think it's logging you in to the wrong account, try this while signed into the new account:

Click the name of the new account in the upper right of the window > select Sign out > Back on the login page, login with your old gmail credentials, and it will sign you into the correct account.

Let me know once you're back into your original account.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i did what you told me i signed out and then put my old gmail address but it still came up the new one XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Please log out again, and on the login page that shows, UNcheck the box that says "stay signed in" and log in again using your new account. Then, log out.

Next, log in with your original Gmail email and username, and make sure the box that says "stay signed in" is checked. Now, does it get you in the new one?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i tried it twice and it still come in as XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX -- i made sure i unclicked the stay signed in and then i checked it for the XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
I am out of ideas and will need to opt out. You'll be notified if another technician posts to this page, they'll see everything we've discussed so far.

Thanks for you patience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you for trying - will i get charged if i don't get an answer?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you solve your problem.

I have some other recommendations you should try. Since I think your browser - Internet Explorer is causing your problem, you should try new and easy-to-use browser called Google Chrome. You can download it using this link:

http://www.google.com/chrome

Just press blue button that says Download Google Chrome and follow steps you see to install it.

Once you have installed it, you can run this new browser using icon on your desktop. Start it and you can surf normally, as you would use Internet Explorer.

So, visit GMail sign in page:

http://mail.google.com

Enter your account information and sign in.