Dr-Obbins
Dr-Obbins, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Very experienced Information Technology professional. Business owner and computer enthusiast.
59816409

i have purchased 2 acer t231h touchscreen monitors and cannot

Customer Question

i have purchased 2 acer t231h touchscreen monitors and cannot get them to work properly can you help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dr-Obbins replied 3 years ago.

Dr-Obbins :

Hi! My name is Derek and I'm here to help! Are you available for chat?

Customer :

yes

Dr-Obbins :

Great! Can you please tell me how the monitors are behaving that they are not working?

Customer :

i have only one hooked up right now alongside my 32" Haier monitor and when i touch the touchscreen it only shows up on the 32" and does not apply anything to the actual touchscreen

Dr-Obbins :

Alright, please download and install the drivers here: http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?modelId=2199

Customer :

i have downloaded that but i dont see any exe in it

Dr-Obbins :

Alright, did you extract the files?

Customer :

yes to desktop

Dr-Obbins :

Alright, do you know how to access the device manager?

Customer :

it is only a 3.5kb download is this just a patch and if so where do i apply it

Customer :

yes

Dr-Obbins :

Alright, please find the touchscreen in the device manager, right click on it and select update driver. Guide through the process pointing it to the .inf file that you downloaded please.

Customer :

it says drivers are up to date

Customer :

it still only shows up as before

Customer :

its like when i want to use the touchscreen and try to do a function, the cursor is only working on the non touchscreen

Dr-Obbins :

Alright, so when you tried to update the driver, it said it was already installed?

Customer :

yes

Dr-Obbins :

Alright, please right click on the desktop and go to screen resolution. Please disable the extra monitor and then re-enable it.

Customer :

ok

Dr-Obbins :

Thank you.

Customer :

still does the same bthing

Dr-Obbins :

Please try making the touchscreen your main monitor and see if that helps.

Customer :

can you do a remote deskop and fi it for me?

Customer :

fix

Dr-Obbins :

Unfortunately not, all I can do is walk you through it, I'm sorry.

Customer :

its a long walk

Dr-Obbins :

I understand, these things can be frustrating.

Customer :

that is an understatement

Dr-Obbins :

I understand.

Customer :

i have tryed making the touchscreen my main display also

Dr-Obbins :

It still does not function properly?

Customer :

no it still only shows uo on the larger non touchscreen like the touchscreen monitor is only working like a touchpad on a laptop

Dr-Obbins :

Are you able to see anything on the touchscreen?

Customer :

yes i can extend my desktop to it and send pages to it

Customer :

and applications but the only response i get from it is with my mouse

Dr-Obbins :

Alright, please see if you can locate these settings (they may not be available):

1. Go to Control Panel and search for "Touch".
  2. Click "Tablet PC Settings"
  3. Click "Setup..." to the right of "Configure your pen and touch displays"
  4. Choose "Touch Input..."
  5. Hit the "Enter" key until you see the instructions appear on your actual touch monitor. Touch the screen and it will say something like "Hit enter to move to the next step".

Customer :

i will be righr back need to use restroom sorry

Dr-Obbins :

No problem.

Customer :

there is no tablet pc setting

Dr-Obbins :

Alright, one moment to see if I can locate any other solutions.

Dr-Obbins :

Did you receive a CD with the monitors?

Dr-Obbins :

I see you have stepped out, please let me know when you are available for chat again, I will be in and out.