Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

I forgot my password XXXXX you sent me a link@ https password resetconfir

Customer Question

I forgot my password XXXXX you sent me a link@ https:\\\password\resetconfirm?? Then a long OTC= list. What do I do next?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.

Hi my name is Josh and I will be helping you

As a first step, please try going to the following link to reset your password:

Click the I forgot my password button, then click Reset your password.

If that does not work please follow the steps below for account recovery.

Please follow these steps for account recovery:

Please go to
(Link opens in a new window so you can follow my steps as you work through the pages - you may also wish to bookmark that page by pressing CTRL+D so that you can return to it from your Bookmarks/Favorites menu later today/tomorrow, etc.)

This is a special portal that Windows Live (Hotmail) has set up to assist those who have had their account compromised and/or who are unable to access their alternate e-mail or answer their security question.

Type in the e-mail address you want to recover in the first blank on that page, then type an alternate e-mail address that you can currently access (doesn’t have to be associated with your Hotmail account). If you don’t have an alternate e-mail address, you can sign up for a free one with Hotmail again, Yahoo, or Gmail.

Click Continue once you’ve filled in those two fields…

Then you will need to fill in your name, birth date, and country. All other fields are totally optional; however, the more fields you enter with 100% accuracy, the better your chances of getting your account back.

If the first fields that you enter in don’t match up with your account information, you’ll see this error on top: You didn't provide us with enough information to confirm your identity. Please complete more fields in addition to the ones you have currently completed.

If that is the case, you will need to then enter additional details, as many as you can with 100% accuracy, in the rest of the form.

As long as you provide other details (like people you frequently e-mail), and as long as you send the request from a place that you frequently access your e-mail account from (like home, work, or school), they will generally have no problem sending you account reset information so that you can get back into your e-mail.

At the end of that form, click Continue.

On the final page, you will be given a PIN to access a forum. Please write this PIN down! On that same page, you will see a link to a private forum page. Please right-click on that link and select Bookmark this Link or Add to Favorites, that way in case you don’t receive an e-mail back from Hotmail, you will still be able to visit their forum and view updates there.

If you have any further questions, let me know. However, be sure to enter the right e-mail address that they can contact you at, and be sure to enter the right e-mail address you are attempting to gain access to. As long as you do this, you should be able to regain access to your account within 1-3 days usually, but sometimes it may take more time than that, especially on weekends. I understand this seems like a long time but it is the only for-sure way to regain access to your account and is essentially the last resort.

You can simply log back in once a Windows Live representative gets in contact with you through the link provided above and you will then be able to change your password and change your security question and make sure your location information is still the same as well.

If you have anymore questions please respond back otherwise press ACCEPT
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please send my new password reset to email:
[email protected] or I'll cancell the charge of $38.00 for order 8838625-13
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.
Hi please fill out the form above by clicking the link.

I cannot physically do it for you. It is quick and simple.