Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field

Emails are only in unread mail vs. InBox

Customer Question

Emails are only in unread mail vs. InBox?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Omer :

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer.com

May I ask what mail program you are using to view your emails? IE Outlook, windows live, or a web page site like gmail or yahoo

Customer:

Outlook

Omer :

Hi thanks for the response could you please tell me what version it is 2003 2007 2010

Customer:

2003

Omer :

Thanks for that usually when there are no emails in the inbox its because of a view filter has been turned on for your inbox

Omer :

Give me one sec to open outlook and ill tell you how to reset that

Customer:

FYI, this happens only occasionally, not every day?

Omer :

Ok in the tool bar click on view go to arrange by click on current view and make sure its set to messages

Customer:

That was how it was set. Also, should show in groups be checked (mine was)?.

Omer :

If that doesn't fix the view the next thing to try is to

Click on View at the top click arrange by click custom in the box that comes up hit reset current view and then restart outlook

Omer :

Yeah groups will group by date if thats what you sort by

Customer:

Restart computer or just Outlook?

Omer :

just outlook

Customer:

Pls send me an email to test?

Customer: XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Omer :

Unfortunately all contact must be through the site, try sending yourself an email

Omer :

the site actually blocks any emails from displaying so to me your email address shows XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Customer:

just tried it and email went to my inbox, YEAH:)

Customer:

Will accept below

Omer :

Glad I could help

Omer :

thanks for using just answer.com

Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience: MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Outlook 2003: mail still going into unread vs. inbox.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
Once you do the view reset and restart outlook does it show up in the inbox again?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Same problem
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

The repeated corruption in your view would suggest you are having corruption either in your PST File that outlook uses to store information in or the outlook ost (settings file)

Can you tell me what your email address says after the @ ie Gmail.com yahoo.com ...