Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

My Hotmail reply and forward is not working correctly. I can

My Hotmail reply and forward is not working correctly. I can clear my cookies/history, restart computor, and then answer 1 or two messages - then quits working. New message page brought up will be blank - e-mail address also not there and cannot access contacts or add attachments. This problem is on all 3 of my computors ans started 3-4 weeks ago. I use internet explorer.

Thanks, Richard
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need.

There are known issues right now with Internet Explorer and many web sites. The easiest way to get you back up and running would be to use an alternative web browser which is faster, more secure, and more reliable than Internet Explorer. You can use Firefox for free. Please download it from here: www.firefox.com

Once you’ve downloaded it, please open it, install it, then run the program. Go to hotmail.com and see if functionality is normal. If it is, that’s simply because many major web sites are still working out problems with Internet Explorer 9, so you can use Firefox for a few days/weeks until it works or you can just stick with Firefox indefinitely for all of your web browsing needs.

Let me know how it goes; thanks.

FS

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We use explorer 8 with xp. I'm sure I could switch browsers... - but was looking for solutions for this one...
Hi - sure. We can try something that may help.

Let's see if we can do a reset of Internet Explorer to resolve that issue since it may have something to do with an add-on within the browser. Before doing that, though, go ahead and press CTRL + D on your keyboard to add this page to your Favorites, or click on Favorites > Add to Favorites to add this page to your Favorites that way so that you can easily return to it once you open up Internet Explorer again.

In Internet Explorer, please go to Tools > Internet Options. (If you don't see Tools, tap ALT, or hold ALT and while holding ALT, press T)

Click on the Advanced tab...

Click Reset, then Reset again.

Click OK out of those windows once it's complete and close all Internet Explorer windows…

and then open up Internet Explorer again.

Let me know if you're then able to get on to Hotmail.com as you previously were able to. Thanks.
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience: Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.