Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....

552 5.2.3 DATA size exceeds maximum permitted. comes up when

Customer Question

552 5.2.3 DATA size exceeds maximum permitted. comes up when I sent an attachment in outlook. ken
Category: Computer
Expert:  Adam replied 3 years ago.

Greetings, I'm Adam, I'll be helping you solve your issue!

Only hit the Accept button if my response helps resolve the issue, otherwise reply and we'll continue.

For the receive error, go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account,
Properties, Servers. Make sure the box for "Log on using Secure
Password XXXXX" is unchecked.

For the send error, what size is the attachment you are sending?
Do you get the same error when sending a short email without any
attachment?

If you received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did not help. I had tried that before. ken
Expert:  Adam replied 3 years ago.

If this just started happening recently, we should try this first,

Click start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Follow the prompts to pick a restore date and time you are sure the issue wasn't on your computer (you may need to check the show more restore points box)

Please let me know if the issue persists after the restoration, you will not lose any files rather this restores the settings that were on your computer before you had the issue.

You can come back by bookmarking (add to favorites) for this web page.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It has been some time since I had resolved the problem. I have not tried it in 2 or 3 months. Don't want o back that far in a restore. ken
Expert:  Adam replied 3 years ago.
This message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's limit. You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties | Advanced, to break messages into smaller parts.
Expert:  Molinari replied 3 years ago.
How large and what kind of attachment is it?
Some of it may also depend on your email provider, what kind of email account is it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
70 mb, 4 pages. It is a contract that is sent to me and I sign it and scan it and send it back. I use Outlook. and Firefox
Expert:  Molinari replied 3 years ago.
In the email address you are sending from , what is the part after the @ ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
comcast.com
Expert:  Molinari replied 3 years ago.
The maximum size of an email cannot exceed 15MB; this includes attachments, headers, text, formatting, etc. To avoid any sending issues, Comcast recommends keeping email attachments under 10MB total.

Ok, are they jpeg files?

Expert:  Molinari replied 3 years ago.
The maximum size of an email cannot exceed 15MB; this includes attachments, headers, text, formatting, etc. To avoid any sending issues, we recommend keeping email attachments under 10MB total.

Ok, are they jpeg files?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tif, I zipped them and no help. I have to go to work now will wait for your reply. ken Thank you
Expert:  Molinari replied 3 years ago.
Ok, go to the start/search bar and type in paint, then double click it to open it.
Then you can open the tif with paint (you can drag and drop it over if need be, or even right click on the tiff file and choose open with and then paint)

Then save them as jpeg files and let me know how large each one is....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My grandson solved the problem. Thank you for trying. I appreciate that. ken
Expert:  Molinari replied 2 years ago.
A shame it took you 3 weeks to get back to me, I'm sure saving them as a jpeg shrank them down enough to send them.