abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B-Tech Topper in CSE from IIT Roorkee, Experience as S/W design Engineer at Microsoft India
16530347

How do I unmute my computer. The audio volume symbol on my

How do I unmute my computer. The audio volume symbol on my task bar tells me my systemhas been muted (accidentally). I cannot find the means to correct it. When I go into the control panel and open 'sound and devices' a small window pops up saying information not found. Please help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  abhi_iitian replied 5 years ago.

abhi_iitian :

Hi there, welcome to justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today
Give me a moment to review your question

abhi_iitian :

Was sounding working fine earlier ?

abhi_iitian :

looks like your sound device drivers are not working

abhi_iitian :

Was sound working fine earlier ?

abhi_iitian :

if so please do system restore

abhi_iitian :

Let us try a system restore which will take your computer to a position before this happened.
do the following :Start > All Programs>Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Then you can follow the instructions given here(For Windows XP) and given here ( for Vista)about how to do that. See the part of restoring to an earlier point, we want our system to be back to the stage before this problem occurred. System restore will not delete any files , it will just change the settings.

abhi_iitian :

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated