RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Experience:  5+ Years in IT, BS in Computer Science

HP PSC 1510 All-In-One wont print in color. Have tried all

HP PSC 1510 All-In-One won't print in color. Have tried all services listed, did intermediate cleaning. Calibrate color gives message Service not available for this configuration. Configuration tab all inactive accept "apply", everything else grayed out. What should i do? Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  RPI Solutions replied 2 years ago.

Robert Preston :

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX and I will be assisting you with your problem today.

Most likely this is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:

(1) Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water to thoroughly clean the print head and each ink cartridge.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now

If that does not work then you have one of two possibilities:
(1) One of the ink cartridges is defective and causing the error
(2) If it's definitely not that, then the print head will need to be replaced.

Thanks and please click the green ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with my answer.

Thanks,
Rob

Customer:

Everything cleaned with hot water and Qtips, waiting for it to dry. Color cartridge was a mess, hope this was the problem. Will keep you posted, thanks.

Robert Preston :

Ok

Customer:

Hi Rob, That did work, sorta kinda. I replaced the cartridges and did an alignment, then cleaned the print heads again using the basic, intermediate and prime steps this time. The output isn't good but at least it's printing color now. I'm wondering if it does need the print head replaced, and also if it might be cheaper to get a new printer. What do you think?

Customer:

BTW the Calibrate Color tab is still inactive except for the "Apply" button. Does this have any bearing on my problem?

Robert Preston :

Sounds like most likely it's the printhead that's the problem then.

Robert Preston :

Honestly at this point it's probably cheaper just to replace it.

Robert Preston :

The printer I mean, the printhead would be $50+

Robert Preston :

Thanks and please click the green ACCEPT button after reviewing my answer.

Thanks,
Rob

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX been very helpful!

RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Experience: 5+ Years in IT, BS in Computer Science