Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Professional computer engineer working as systems developer with top multinational company.
14055801

iPhone does not get all emails which are sent to Outlook on

iPhone does not get all emails which are sent to Outlook on computer. Gets some, but not all??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 3 years ago.

Tech Specialist :

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer.com I am Tech Specialist and today, I will be trying my best to solve your issue.

Tech Specialist :

Are you connected to me from the same computer?

Customer:

Yes

Tech Specialist :

Which version of outlook is installed?

Customer:

2007

Tech Specialist :

in outlook click tools > account settings

Tech Specialist :

choose your mail and click change

Tech Specialist :

click more optons

Tech Specialist :

options*

Tech Specialist :

click on advanced tab

Tech Specialist :

check the checkbox stating "leave a copy of message in server"

Tech Specialist :

click apply/ok

Tech Specialist :

It should fix it

Tech Specialist :

Try by sending 4/5 mails to yourself

Customer:

Sent test emails from Outlook to self; they all came into Outlook Inbox. Also sent test emails from iPhone to self, and for whatever reason, it is still trying to 'Send' them.

Tech Specialist :

the outlook mails came to iphone?

Tech Specialist :

if yes its working fine

Customer:

Outlook mail has yet to arrive in iPhone, but the 'circle' still spinning trying to send out the test messages I sent from it. Also, you email to me arrived in both Outlook and iPhone before we made the change??

Tech Specialist :

It should be working

Tech Specialist :

You can wait for sometime

Customer:

One of the test from iphone just went out and arrived in Outlook but not back in the iphone yet. None of the test messages have arrived at iphone yet, whatever the source. ( I guess I but too much work on iphone (sending 4 test messages and trying to receive test messages, it's still working to 'Sending' with circle spinning)

Tech Specialist :

Yes

Tech Specialist :

Give the poor phone little time. :)

Customer:

I will leave you on my screen for a little longer until we see that iphone finishes digesting all of its commands, OK?? Right now, it still looks like it will work, but the 2d test from the iphone just now went out and is working on the next so it hasn't had a chance to receive any of them yet.

Tech Specialist :

Sure

Customer:

So far, all test messages arrived at outlook, whatever the source, but one. Outlook's 'send/receive' function says it is still workin on a task.

Tech Specialist :

ok

Tech Specialist :

you sent too many at a time it seems

Customer:

The same test message missing so far (sent from phone) is also missing in the phone although it has now received all the others, finally. Iphone is no longer seeking to receive or send anything so I guess we lost one message unless it finally shows up in outlook which is still working on it.

Tech Specialist :

ok

Customer:

Probably safe to say that everything working @ this point and move on? As you say, I sent too many from 2 sources over the same account at one time.

Tech Specialist :

Yes

Tech Specialist :

Thanks

Customer:

I will hit the accept button. Thanks for your help

Tech Specialist :

You're welcome. Bye.

Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst
Experience: Professional computer engineer working as systems developer with top multinational company.