Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

i have a lenovo ideapad y560.... the computer will not start

i have a lenovo ideapad y560.... the computer will not start up... when hit the power key it says : lauch startup repair.....loading window files... searching for system problems.... then it says repairing disk errors, then within a few seconds the computer stuts off.... please help, thanks in advance
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Hi there and welcome to Justanswer.

Power off and then turn on the computer, and as soon as it starts booting up again, immediately start tapping F8 until you come to the advanced boot menu

From there, select Repair your Computer > Click Next > Select the Repair your Computer button > Let it scan and try to repair your issue automatically > Let me know if it brings you to a recovery tools page

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i powered up, hit the f8, lit up icon "repair your computer " ,hit enter,it says "loading files....", system recovery option, it was on "us" ,i hit enter, then computer shut off again.... i have the power cord pluged in and also the battery is showing half full
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Does the laptop feel hot at all on the bottom?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
warm.... i let it cool down over night and it still shut down on the first try too
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
I see -

Try these steps:

* Take out the battery
* Unplug the laptop and remove the power cord from it
* Hold power button down for 30 secs
* Plug the power cord back into the computer, do not put the battery in yet
* Turn the laptop on
* Put the battery in and make sure it clicks

Now press the power button again and try my previous directions and see if the laptop will stay on long enough for you to get to the recovery tools page.
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience: 6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it still is shutting off
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
At this point, it may be bad memory -

Please make sure to ground yourself by touching the bare metal before working inside the laptop. You don't want to discharge any static electricity inside the laptop.

Try removing all the memory from the laptop (unscrew the memory panel from the back, this is often the smallest panel), and use one stick in the slot and boot the laptop. Does it turn on and stay on?

If not, take out that memory stick try the other sticks, one at a time. Does it stay on?

If not, try it with no memory.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
when i took both memory sticks out the screen was black..... try everything all over again..... computer still shutting off before it gets a chance to repair/restart
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
I see - how old is this computer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
~3ys
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
I see, it's outside of the mfg warranty then...

If you take out the hard drive (another separate panel on the back, should be the largest one), and the memory - and turn the computer on, and it's still shutting off, this means that the motherboard has gone...

I'm sorry to give this news - at this point, if the recovery of the data is important to you, you can buy an external hard drive enclosure that will let you copy your hard drive contents to another computer via usb, you can get one from your nearest computer store, or buy one online for $12, click here: http://tinyurl.com/3on5vn5

This is the best site for choosing a new laptop, you can pick the price range, and then see detailed 5-star system reviews on the laptop. Under Laptop buying advice, you can pick the laptop finder to help you choose a laptop, it is directly linked here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/