Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....
16561526

I am very upset at facebook, why did you block me from adding

Customer Question

I am very upset at facebook, why did you block me from adding videos on my facebook. These videos were not bad they were videos of my family and my wedding. This needs to be corrected immediately. To bad you have to pick on my videos when others are sending worse or even useing fowl language excuse me.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Molinari replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Did they have any copywritten music playing in them?
Did they give you a warning?
What happens when you try to upload exactly?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I copy my copywritten CD on my music media from my computer not facebook the computer allows me to do this. I have a movie maker on my computer not facebook and I wanted to upload my video that I made on facebook for my family and friends to see.
Expert:  Molinari replied 3 years ago.
Ok, was there any music playing in the videos you uploaded?

Did they give you a warning?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes there was music playin on my video when I tried to upload. I received no warning. I upload one last night and didn't get done until this morning. Was working OK until you disabled me.
Expert:  Molinari replied 3 years ago.
If it was copywritten music, that would explain it.

Have you tried to upload one to youtube?
They would almost instantly tell you if it had copywritten music.

Was the video uploaded and then removed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, No I don't use youtube. Why a problem if my computer program lets me do that. I don't go into that many systems. I don't see a problem especially if my computer program allows me to do that. All I'm doing is uploading it on face book. I see alot worse out there on facebook that you guys should be controlling. Are you going to give me back the uploading of video or what? How would you have known if it was copywritten or not without questioning before you took it upon yourself to mess with my facebook, actually its not the original copywrite there CD's that someone copy for me on a blank CD.
Expert:  Molinari replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I hope you realize that we aren't facebook.
We are an independent pay per answer help service.

I'm trying to keep it simple by asking yes or no questions and I can't help if you don't answer them.

There are programs that detect copywritten audio used by facebook and youtube to protect the artists.

Was the video removed after it was uploaded?

What does it say now when you try to upload?

Is this the message you get?

"Video uploads disabled.
Due to activity related to copyright infringement on your Facebook account, we have disabled your ability to upload any further videos. For further details, please see our help page."

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok you are confusing me I tried uploading the video and would not upload so I just kept trying and no never did upload I guess because you disabled me. Know I'm trying to keep it simple for you. The video was already made from my computer than I tried upload to facebook. Last night I loaded a video on and is still there. I made a couple more movies this morning and tried loading them and was disabled.

I haven't tried to upload since you sent me the disable notice and disabled me thats why I'm contacting you.

Expert:  Molinari replied 3 years ago.
Ok, so you did get a notice then?

Is this the message you got?

"Video uploads disabled.

Did you upload any video with music in it?
If so who's music was it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I uploaded my video with music on it. It was my music.

Expert:  Molinari replied 3 years ago.
You wrote and performed the music, it wasn't from a cd or record?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you being a "smart a "or what? This is what I did. We take lots of photos from our Nikon camara and copy them onto our e machine computer onto photoshop or something like that I'm sure you know what I'm talking about you probably do it to . Than what I do is I make a movie or video from my photos whatever on a DVD and I put music with it. I have lots of these Videos with my personal photos on a DVD this actually was the first time I thought it would be fun to put on facebook. What exactly do you do with your photos your the expect?

Oh by the way you look a little bored in your photo!!!

Expert:  Molinari replied 3 years ago.
All I'm trying to do is help you, I've asked a few times what music it is, it does make a big difference, and instead of a direct yes or no answer to that and several other yes or no questions, you instead decide to start insulting me. Thank god I'm not your doctor.
It's not about the video, it's about the audio portions.
All the other info about how you did it is irrelevant.

Was this the notice you received? Yes or No?
"Video uploads disabled.
Last time you responded like this:

"I uploaded my video with music on it. It was my music."

If it's your music as you now claim, then go here and file an appeal since you say you own it:

http://www.facebook.com/legal/copyright.php?dmca_counter_notice

If by yours you mean you bought it at a store, then you have very few choices.

1. Strip out the copywritten music.

2. Upload it to youtube and post it to facebook as a link, but if it's copywritten, they will also remove it in all probability.

3. At the beginning of the video put the song name and artist like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbExaFuaPxg

shown at the 2 second mark.

It's really hard to help someone when they refuse to answer questions, there's a reason they are being asked...