Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

how do I restore my L650 to its original factory settings,

how do I restore my L650 to its original factory settings, I have tried switching on holding the 0 down but it does not work
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name is XXXXX XXXXX today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Is it Toshiba Satellite L650 laptop?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it is a L650
Ok, are you replying me from the same laptop or from another PC?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
another pc
Ok, now follow the steps below and let me know.

Turn of the Toshiba laptop and turn it on.As soon as you can see the Toshiba logo, start tapping the F8 key on the laptop, unless you can see the Advance Boot Menu like the image below.Then let me know, if you can see "Repair Your Computer" on the top of the menu or not.

http://www.maximumpc.com/files/u21826/W7-RE02.jpg
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can see repair your computer its above safe mode
OK, select "Repair Your Computer" and press enter to start the recovery wizard and let me know, what options do you get in there.It should be like "Startup Repair", "System Restore" etc..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
6, options.....startup repair., sytem restore, system image recovery, windows memory diagnostic, command prompt, and toshiba hdd recovery
Yes, "Toshiba HDD Recovery " is what you need to restore your laptop to factory restore.Select that and press enter , follow the instructions carefully to start the recovery.Please remember this may take more than 3 hrs. time depending on the system configuration.Remember to click Accept, if you are satisfied with my answer.