Justin
Justin, Network Administrator/Not Limited
Experience:  Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration
2888018

windows live mail did not shut down correctly, locks up everytime

windows live mail did not shut down correctly, locks up everytime i start, have to go to comcast site to get in.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Justin replied 5 years ago.
Greetings

Please read: Remember to return and click the Accept button ONLY once your issue is resolved. If the first answer does not work, just REPLY to me and we will continue.

Do the following steps.

Go to start > all programs > accessories > run.

Type wlarp and hit enter. Choose repair/reinstall and complete the process, it will likely have you restart.

If that doesn't start the repair. Go to start, control panel, Programs. Look for Windows Live Mail, OR Windows Live Essentials. Double click it and choose repair install.

Once completed after the restart, to return to me go to www.justanswer.com and click My Questions on the top right.

If that doesn't resolve the problem. Attempt a system restore.

Start > all programs > accessories > system tools> System Restore. Choose your own date (checkbox at bottom) and then "show more dates" if you see the option. Look for a date PRIOR to when this issue began and perform the restore. It will not affect your personal files/programs and it will have you restart once more.

Should neither resolve the issue please REPLY and let me know. Thank you