Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

what does an eye with a red circle around it mean at the bottom

Customer Question

what does an eye with a red circle around it mean at the bottom of the screen on my hotmail acct
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Are you using Internet Explorer as your web browser? Also, are you unable to access your Hotmail emails?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i use internet explorer as my web browser and have for several years. yes i can access my hotmail emails. there is an eye at the botton with az red circle and line going thru the eye and when i put my cursor on it it says privacy report i did not request it so why is it there
Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
Okay. This icon's appearance indicates a privacy report is available for the Hotmail page: That means IE has blocked some cookies which the page tried to set. You can double-click the icon to see a privacy report and, from the Privacy Report dialog, you can click the Settings button to immediately adjust your cookie settings.

If you don't want the icon to come up in the future, please go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy, then click on the 'Sites' button.

Type in in the address field, then click 'Allow'. Click Ok, then re-open the Hotmail webpage. This should do it.

Hope it helps; thanks!