snapontech
snapontech, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Dell Certified Technician 2 years have been repairing computers for many years

how do i tell if someone blocked me on skype

Customer Question

how do i tell if someone blocked me on skype?
Category: Computer
Expert:  snapontech replied 3 years ago.

snapontech :

Welcome to Justanswer

snapontech :

If the other person is shown offline, you have not been blocked, otherwise he/she would be shown as a gray Skype logo with a white question mark in it

snapontech :

If the other person is online, but is still shown offline, he/she probably set his/her status to invisible.

snapontech :

Our you having a service issue with a certain person

Customer:

when i initiate a call, it rings once and then i get a message "call failed"

snapontech :

does it say reason unknown

Customer:

no. this person is the only one that i have this problem with. i don't know if he blocked me or there is a technical problem on his end. is there any way to know for sure if it's been blocked. there is no reason for him to block me. there's been no problem between us.

snapontech :

Do you have there email?

Customer:

no

snapontech :

if they have blocked you you will not be able to see their online status (to you the user will appear to be offline all the time) or their contact details, nor will you be able to contact them by calling or sending IM -- you also will no be able to send them files

snapontech :

So, is the once visible contact (check icon) becomes a "?"

Customer:

i can call, but the phone rings once and i get the "call failed" message.

snapontech :

This has happened to others and its most likely a error in the system not a block

snapontech :

They state the best way to fix it is to try removing from contact list and re-exchanging details

snapontech :

This has worked for many others when this happens

snapontech :

So your not blocked its just an error

Customer:

all i have is his online name. if i delete the name i'm not sure if i can reconnect. can i copy and paste his info?

snapontech :

Yes

Customer:

i'll give it a try thank you very much.

snapontech, Computer Repairer
Experience: Dell Certified Technician 2 years have been repairing computers for many years
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
having returning problems with all contacts now.
What do you mean by returning problems?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what we spoke about earlier...is happening to all my contacts.
So everyone you call it just disconnects right after you call them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
What operating system are you using?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
windows 7...it is only the contacts in Turkey that this is happening to.
Most likely it could be a issue with skype I would contact them and have them put a technical report to get it fixed as your not the only one having problems to turkey right now and the more reports the faster they get it back up. Email is XXXXXXX@XXXXX.XXX

https://support.skype.com/en/search_first/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
then i should email them
Yes and you can go through there support site and see others are also having issues. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
you said to email skype ..well i did and that email is no longr in used
Thats interesting they may have changed there email support then. Below if directly from there site.

How can I contact Skype Customer Service?

If you're a Skype customer, you can contact Skype Customer Service as follows:

1. In the Related menu on the right side of the screen, click Get more help.
  2. Sign in with your Skype username and password.
  3. Select your contact method.
  4. Choose the topic you need help with and the problem you are having.
  5. Submit your question. We'll get back to you as fast as we can.

If you don’t have a Skype account, you can contact us via email at contactus@skype.net

If you think there has been an unauthorized Skype charge on your credit or debit card, please visit this page.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i emailed skype ...hope it works ,this is getting rediciules.
So do I good luck!!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
THANK YOU,,,I WILL BE IN TOUCH ,,,IF IT DOESN'T WORK..BYE

No problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is me again Lorraine Kimbrell'''what is going on that i can not get my problem solved'
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
please let me know what is wrong with my skype...this is very important to me to stay in contact with my friends..
Have you reveived a email from the skype?