Ryan H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ Certified Technician - 10 Years experience working with all types of computer systems.

how do you connect acer tablet to wi-fi

Customer Question

how do you connect acer tablet to wi-fi
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 2 years ago.

Ryan H :

Hello my name is XXXX XXX I can help you today.

Customer :

we can't get our acer tablet to connect

Ryan H :

Ok, what model of acer do you have?

Customer :

A500

Ryan H :

Thanks and what happens when you try to connect to the network?

Customer :

it says no internet connection

Ryan H :

Does it see your network?

Customer :

no

Ryan H :

Ok, do you have a wireless router and a modem, or a combination modem/router?

Customer :

both

Ryan H :

Ok, 2 boxes then

Customer :

yes

Ryan H :

Ok, go ahead and turn off the tablet completely. Then remove the power from the modem and the router. Then plug the power into the Modem, wait 15 seconds and plug the router back in. Wait 10 seconds and then power on the Tablet, check for your network. (Keep this page open so we can continue to talk)

Customer :

found devices

Ryan H :

The network is shown now on the tablet?

Customer :

no network

Ryan H :

Are you in the same room as the router?

Customer :

no

Ryan H :

Could you bring the tablet into the same room and refresh to see if your network or any wireless network shows up?

Customer :

nothing happens

Ryan H :

Ok, there is a known bug with the A500. If your wireless channel (inside your router configuration) is set to channel 12 or 13, the wireless network will not show up on your tablet. You will need to log into your router and make sure you use a different channel. (See: http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9116/~/no-connection-to-wireless-lan-on-the-iconia-tab-a500)

Customer :

is there a # XX call?

Ryan H :

While the problem is with the tablet, the solution has to do with changing settings in your router. If you have your router manual, you can log into your router and make the change to the channel, it is pretty easy. Takes a few minutes.

Ryan H :

Would you like me to help you with that?

Customer :

yes

Ryan H :

Ok, what is the model of your router?

Customer :

n300 wireless

Ryan H :

Thanks hold on for me

Ryan H :

Ok, can you plug in an ethernet cable from a computer directly to the router and let me know once that is done

Customer :

ok

Ryan H :

Ok, open a browser window and goto the address: www.routerlogin.net - A login box will appear, you will enter username: admin password:admin and if that doesn't work, use username: admin password: password Let me know once you have logged into the router page.

Customer :

can

Customer :

onthe tablet or this laptop

Ryan H :

It needs to be on a computer (not tablet) that is directly plugged into the router.

Customer :

i lose tis page when i get there

Ryan H :

Ok, open a new browser window right now (File > New Window) and type in 192.168.1.1 and press enter

Ryan H :

Did you do that?

Ryan H :

Hello?

Ryan H :

You seem to have disappeared, I will assume that you have fixed your problem. Please click the Accept button and you are all done. Thanks.