Matt, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc (Hons) Software Engineering, 8+ years experience as IT Support
15320265

Why did my Yahoo home change format?

My page format has changed. For 3 years I have had the yahoo mail format. Now it has changed to the yahoo classic format. I do not like it at all it is too hard to read etc. I have tried to change it back to the yahoo mail format I had before like I have on other accounts and it will not give me that option. I do not like this new format of the classic. I am not ready to do your paid format. I just want, at this time my original mail format I have had for years on the account. I can't find anything on this new format. Print is so small and half the options I had before are not there. Please help me change the format back to the original Yahoo mail format.

Welcome to Just Answer. Add this page to your browser Favorites/Bookmarks first.

Customer:

I do not know how to chat.

Matt:

No problem. I'll guide you through it.

Matt:

What does it say on the top portion of your yahoo mail page?

Matt:

Does it say Yahoo Mail Classic?

Customer:

The new format says Yahoo classic. The old format I liked before said Yahoo mail.

Matt:

To switch from Yahoo! Mail Classic to the All-New Yahoo! Mail, do one of the following:

• In the top-left portion of the Yahoo! Mail Classic screen, click All New Mail.

• In the upper-right portion of the Yahoo! Mail Classic screen, click Try the new Yahoo! Mail.

Customer:

I do not want the paid new mail at this time. I just want what I have had for the past 3 years. It is not new.

Matt:

You don't have to pay anything

Customer:

This is not a paid format? I heard they are switching accounts to paid accounts.

Matt:

No it's not.

Customer:

I would like what I had before. I have two other accounts with you that have the original format that I like.

Matt:

Ok, are you happy for me to do this remotely?

It would be easier and faster to fix this issue that way.

Customer:

I tried switching to the other style with the options key but it is not there anymore.

Customer:

Yes please switch for me.

Matt:

Ok, now, click on the link below, agree to the disclaimer, download the software and join:

Matt:

http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=12bd3a13-1a7a-4c80-af3e-3e10083b8d55&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Customer:

I do not want to mess up my computer over something that should be simple to change.

Customer:

Is there another way to change this format?

Matt:

Ok, go to the link below and click 'Upgrade Now' and sign in to the affected yahoo mail account:

Matt:

http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/

Customer:

I asked the question if I could switch back to the original version if the new one does not work out, even though now I am having nothing but trouble switching to it now.

Matt:

Did you follow my steps above?

Customer:

Go to the link and click up grade and sign? That will get me back to the original?

Matt:

It will upgrade you from classic to the new format.

Customer:

I did not want the new format because I guess I can't switch back to the one I want.

Customer:

I don't know how I got into the classic version in the first place. I liked what I had but I guess they are trying to force me to change to a new one by putting me into one.

Matt:

Could you follow the steps in the link below to switch from classic?

Matt:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/settings/settings-22.html

Customer:

So I have no choice, I do not want to switch to mail classic I am trying to get back to what I had which was Yahoo mail, not classic.

Matt:

Did you see the link below and follow the steps there?

Matt:

Customer:

I don't see any steps.

Customer:

You said you could switch me back to the original mail.

Matt:

Could you do the remote connection then?

Matt:

I can then have a look.

Matt:

It's safe.

Matt:

Use this link below:

Matt:

http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=5504cc4b-d96a-4837-8df8-61cb3dfa5766&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Matt:

Click on the link below, agree to the disclaimer, download the software and join

Matt:

Ok, yahoo has removed the earlier version and it seems that you cannot switch back to it now.

Matt:

It's asking you to upgrade to the new version, but this is quite similar to the one you had before.

Customer:

What is a browser, it says mine is out of date? I have the original on my other two accounts.

Matt:

Ok, it's prompting you to upgrade to the newer version of Internet Explorer.

Matt:

You have the old version.

Matt:

You have Internet Explorer 7

Matt:

Internet Explorer 9 is the latest version now.

Customer:

How do I get 9? If the new mail is similar to the old put me in it and I will try it.

Matt:

I'll change to new mail now.

Matt:

The new IE9 browser too!

Matt:

Ok, Yahoo Mail has been switched now.

Matt:

And, IE9 is being downloaded this should take a while.