Matt, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc (Hons) Software Engineering, 4+ years experience as IT Support
15320265

my page format has changed. for 3 years I have had the yahoo

Customer Question

my page format has changed. for 3 years I have had the yahoo mail format. Now it has changed to the yahoo classic format. I do not like it at all it is too hard to read etc. I have tried to change it back to the yahoo mail format I had before like I have on other accounts and it will not give me that option. I do not like this new format of the classic. I am not ready to do your paid format. I just want, at this time my original mail format I have had for years on the account. I can't find anything on this new format. Print is so small and half the options I had before are not there. Please help me change the format back to the original Yahoo mail format.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

Matt :

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting with your question. Add this page to your browser Favorites/Bookmarks first.

Matt :

Let me know when you are ready.

Customer:

I do not know how to chat. I am not computer savvy. I do not understand any of this!!

Matt :

No problem. I'll guide you through it.

Matt :

What does it say on the top portion of your yahoomail page?

Matt :

Does it say Yahoo Mail Classic?

Customer:

The new format says Yahoo classic. The old format I liked before said Yahoo mail.

Customer:

I answered your question

Matt :

got it.

Matt :

To switch from Yahoo! Mail Classic to the All-New Yahoo! Mail, do one of the following:

• In the top-left portion of the Yahoo! Mail Classic screen, click All New Mail.

• In the upper-right portion of the Yahoo! Mail Classic screen, click Try the new Yahoo! Mail.

Matt :

Let me know how this goes.

Customer:

I do not want the paid new mail at this time . I just want what I have had for the past 3 years. It is not new.

Matt :

You don't have to pay anything

Matt :

Just follow the steps as I've provided above.

Matt :

Let me know if you can't find the options.

Customer:

This is not a paid format? I heard they are switching accounts to paid accounts.

Matt :

No it's not.

Customer:

I would like what I had before . I have two other accounts with you that have the original format that I like.

Matt :

Ok, are you happy for me to do this remotely?

It would be easier and faster to fix this issue that way.

Customer:

I tried switching to the other style with the options key but it is not there anymore.

Customer:

Yes please switch for me.

Matt :

Ok, now, please click on the link below, agree to the disclaimer, download the software and join:

Customer:

I don't understand this sounds too complicated and risky. I do not want to mess up my computer over somethiong that should be simple to change.

Customer:

Is there another way to change this format?

Matt :

Ok, go to the link below and click 'Upgrade Now' and sign in to the affected yahoo mail account:

Matt :

How is it going?

Customer:

I don't understand. I asked the question if I could switch back to the original version if the new one does not work out, even though now I am having nothing but trouble switching to it now.

Matt :

Did you follow my steps above?

Customer:

Go to the link and click up grade and sign? That will get me back to the original?

Matt :

It will upgrade you from classic to the new format.

Customer:

I did not want the new format because I guess I can't switch back to the one I want. Seems I can't do it anyway.

Customer:

I don't know how I got into the classic version in the first place. I liked what I had but I guess they are trying to force me to change to a new one by putting me into one I do not like at all.

Matt :

Hmm...yes

Matt :

Could you follow the steps in the link below to switch from classic?

Customer:

So I have no choice, I do not want to switch to mail classic I am trying to get back to what I had which was Yahoo mail, not classic.

Matt :

Did you see the link below and follow the steps there?

Customer:

I am sorry to keep this up but I don't see any steps.

Customer:

You said you could switch me back to the original mail.

Matt :

Hmm...could you do the remote connection then?

Matt :

I can then have a look.

Matt :

It's safe.

Customer:

OK

Matt :

Use this link below:

Matt :

click on the link below, agree to the disclaimer, download the software and join

Matt :

Ok, yahoo has removed the earlier version and it seems that you cannot switch back to it now.

Matt :

It's asking you to upgrade to the new version, but this is quite similar to the one you had before.

Customer:

What is a browser, it says mine is out of date?I have the original on my other two accounts.

Matt :

Let me have a look.

Matt :

Ok, it's prompting you to upgrade to the newer version of Internet Explorer.

Matt :

You have the old version.

Matt :

You have Internet Explorer 7

Matt :

Internet Explorer 9 is the latest version now.

Customer:

How do I get 9?. If the new mail is similar to the old put me in it and I will try it.

Matt :

Hmm...I'll change to new mail now.

Matt :

...and the new IE9 browser too.

Matt :

Ok, Yahoo Mail has been switched now.

Matt :

And, IE9 is being downloaded...this should take a while.

Customer:

Thank you I guess I have no choice but to try it

Matt :

No problem. It's a pleasure.

Customer:

OK thank you, XXXXX XXXXX I have no choice but to try it. I hope I can find everything. It has to be better than classic. Thank You for your patience.

Matt :

Yes, it's better, faster and safer.

Matt :

You may click Accept now and leave Feedback.

Matt :

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Matt, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: BSc (Hons) Software Engineering, 4+ years experience as IT Support