Justin
Justin, Network Administrator/Not Limited
Experience:  Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration
2888018

I am using Windows Live Mail with Windows 7. When I forward

I am using Windows Live Mail with Windows 7. When I forward an e-mail that has pictures in the text, I get the following message:

One or more of the pictures in this message could not be found. When you send this message these pictures will not be included. Are you sure you want to send this message?
YES NO

When I say yes, the pictures in the message are either put in a slide show in the beginning of the message or are completely missing.

Is there something that I can do to fix this problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Justin replied 5 years ago.
This bug has been around a long while even in Vista's Windows Mail (not Windows Live Mail).

Try the following in Windows Live Mail.

Tools, Safety Options, Security, uncheck "Block images..." and also
uncheck "Do not allow attachments..."

Also go to Tools, Options, Send, Mail Sending Format, HTML Settings,
make sure "Send pictures with messages" is checked.

Also be sure you don't have these pictures opened in another program before you try to send as that will cause an issue as well.

Let me know if this resolves the issue for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I unchecked "Block images..." and "Do not allow attachments..." was already unchecked!

I found the HTML Settings place but there was no "Send pictures with messages" line!!

Sent another e-mail with pictures to myself and I still have the problem!!!!!

Expert:  Justin replied 5 years ago.
Hmmm. Create a new email, insert your pictures. Send it to yourself. Then forward that one. After doing the "block images" change it might only apply to emails from here on out.

If that doesn't work, let's try taking your antivirus software out of the equation.

Best way to do disable it as a test is to go to start > all programs, accessories click Run.

Type msconfig and hit enter. CLick the services tab. Click "hide microsoft services" and then click Disable all.

In the startup tab, uncheck everything as well. CLick apply, ok.

And send yourself another email with pictures, then forward it again to yourself to see if its working at that juncture.

To reverse the settings change for msconfig just reverse the steps, checking instead of unchecking.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've done some test messages and what I've found out is that this problem only exist from e-mails sent from a particular person. When I forward e-mails from myself or others, they turn out fine; but from this one person the e-mails come in to me perfect but when I forward his e-mails the pictures are either put in a slide show or are missing. Does this make any sense?
Expert:  Justin replied 5 years ago.
That makes sense, its there end not yours. I'm assuming they are a gmail account?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there anything that I can tell him to fix the problem?
Expert:  Justin replied 5 years ago.
Who's his mail provider?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
aol.com
Expert:  Justin replied 5 years ago.
Tell him to use a real mail program like live mail, out look, etc. its the method in which aol webmail and aol desktop imbed images.