Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.

Can the scmpoo sheep be installed on my windows 7, 64 bit computer,

Customer Question

Can the scmpoo sheep be installed on my windows 7, 64 bit computer, without all the other software that seems to go with it? I've had the little sheep ever since I had windows 3.1, and I miss his presence.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thomas :

Welcome to Justanswer

Thomas :

My name is Thomas and I will assist you today

Customer :

Hi Thomas,

Thomas :

To download the sheep without any other software, just download and extract the small Zip file from: http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php?p=49798&t=4&i=1

Thomas :

Once you have downloaded the zip file, extract it and launch the scmpoo.exe file

Thomas :

You can then either copy the file to your desktop and start the sheep manually or place it in the Startup folder so it will start automatically with Windows 7

Customer :

Hold the phone and I'll give it a try and get back to you.

Thomas :

No problem

Customer :

Thomas, when I download and try to unzip the file, I get an capatiblilty(sp) problem.

Thomas :

This way I can try to fix the problem

Customer :

Its the same problem I get when I try to download my old np system version, It worked fine there, but get the capatibility problem also. thats why I contacted you.

Thomas :

Maybe you need to run the sheep in compatibility mode

Thomas :

Right-click the exe-file and choose Properties

Thomas :

Click the "Compatibility" tab

Thomas :

Check the checkbox "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows XP"

Customer :

I went to properties and tried that also. same results.

Thomas :

Try to run the program as Administrator

Customer :

tried it also but will give it a shot again, be back with you in a minute.

Customer :

Hi Thomas, sorry, same results

Customer :

I told you that the previous version was np, I ment xp,service pack 3

Thomas :

I am out of ideas and will forward your question to the other experts

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still don't have my scmpoo sheep on my screen, I still need a answer to my question. Maybe it won't happen.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I've had the scmpoo sheep on my screen since windows 3.1, and windows 95, and also windows xp, sp 3, but won't load on my windows 7,64 bit screen. I get an incapatibility problem. I still need an answer if there is one.
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

Unfortunately this scmpoo sheep program is not compatible with Windows 7, but you can use the Windows XP mode / Virtual PC to run them. Please click below and select your Windows 7 version ( click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Properties,) to download and install:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Thanks,
-Viet
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I've downloaded virtual pc. where do I go from here?
After downloading Virtual PC, then install it. Then download the windows xp mode (this take long), then you can open the windows xp mode program and you can install scmpoo sheep on it.

Thanks,
-Viet
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have windows virtual pc on my computer, but I can't find a place where I can install it. any susgestions would be appreciated.
Then just double-click on it to install (or if it opens a folder, then it's fine.) Now just download the windows xp mode file (there are two files to download windows xp mode and virtual pc). Then you just open the windows xp mode file to use.

thanks,
-Viet
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
when I click on virtual pc, I get two files that are ready to burn a disc. no windows xp or virtual pc file to click on.
After you've downloaded, were you able to install? During installation it would say successful or not. Then when you download windows xp mode file (the file size is big; about 500MB), then you just open that windows xp model file to run windows xp on windows 7.). Thanks.
Please click below and let me know when you've joined:
http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=43f72961-dcbe-42aa-8a8e-817cd0248dce&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Thanks,
-Viet
I was trying to connect with you, but you went offline. Please let me know when you go online. thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am ready for you to go in my pc. don
I'm working with you. Thank you.
Unfortunately, per Microsoft's requirement "Using Windows XP Mode, you can run programs that were designed for Windows XP on computers running Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate editions." But you have Home Premium edition.

You would need to upgrade your windows 7 edition (click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Properties). Then you can use windows xp on your computer and run the scmpoo program.

Thanks,
-Viet