Jess
Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer

I have an ASUS Model K60I, MB Ver. K60IJ, ID 2B, K60I-RBBBR05,

I have an ASUS Model K60I, MB Ver.:K60IJ, ID=2B, K60I-RBBBR05, Warranty = 12M, purhased from Best Buy, Green Bay Wisconsin on June 18, 2010. I started having problems with it shutting down every few minutes with the Blue Screen which allows restart either normally or on safe start. Best Buy says the Windows program is corrupted and I need to restore to the original image. I did make image DVDs on June 20, 2010 using your utility, but for some reason the restore program does not recognize the image on these DVDs following the directions in your restore utility. Can I get an image of this computer from ASUS so I can restore this laptop to a useful condition?

William L Bourbonnais XXX@XXXXXX.XXX (NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for using JustAnswer.com. I am glad to assist you today.

In order to restore your system in a Recovery Image that you created before, you need to boot your computer into the CD/DVD drive. Please follow these:

1. Load the Recovery Disc 1 (If you have several discs) into the CD/DVD drive
  2. Restart your computer
  3. When your computer is set to BOOT into the CD/DVD ROM first, then the recovery system should load when the system is booting. You should then some Recovery Screen. Just follow the instructions on the screen then.
  4. However, when the system loads Windows instead of the Recovery disc, we need to SET your BIOS settings to BOOT into your CD/DVD ROM FIRST. To do this, please follow these steps:

a. Restart your computer
    b. While starting up, press the DEL key (of the F2 key in other computers) to ENTER SETUP
    c. When you are in the SETUP screen, navigate using the arrow keys. Navigate to something link BOOT Sequence or Boot Order
    d. In that Boot Order, please choose the CD/DVD ROM Drive as the FIRST BOOT device and leave others as second or third.
    e. Then Save & Exit the SETUP screen
    f. Restart your computer while the Recovery Disc 1 is still loaded.

5. You should now see the Recovery Screen.

I hope that helped.
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have run all three restoration discs, Windows is now trying to install this and is asking me if I want to recover windows to the first particion, recover to entire HD or Recover to entire HS with two partions.

How was the computer set up originally? What is the best option or what is the difference between the options?

Expert:  Jess replied 3 years ago.
The first partition is basically Drive C where your old Windows resides.

Did you backup your files like documents and other important data like pictures?

Doing this recovery will restore your system into an Out-of-the box state or to the STATE when you created the recovery disc. In most cases, all of your personal files like documents and pictures and other installed programs will be lost.

You can choose Recover to entire HD with 2 partitions.
Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer