Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

Toshiba remote wont turn off tv or on tv and I have changed

Toshiba remote won't turn off tv or on tv and I have changed batteries
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 3 years ago.

Computer Tech :

Thank you for choosing justanswer.com I will be glad to assist you today. How long have you had the TV?

Customer: 4yrs
Customer: Tv is currently on but will not shut off
Computer Tech :

Does the TV work fine when using the on off button on the TV?

Customer: Haven't checked
Customer: One min
Computer Tech :

Can you check that for me please real fast

Customer: Yes it does
Computer Tech :

Can you also tell me if there is a light or anything that comes on when you push a button on the remote just so I know what we are dealing with?

Customer: No light at all
Computer Tech :

Ok sounds like the TV is operating just fine otherwise the TV would be having problems as well if it was a blown circuit.

Customer: Is there a reset button on the remotes
Computer Tech :

Can you tell me the model on the back of it by chance?

Computer Tech :

Sadly no

Customer: Ok
Customer: Too bad
Computer Tech :

If there was I would have no problem helping you on that one

Customer: Funny thing I can't get my comcast remote to set up to run the tv either
Customer: Its was programed to turn on and offthe tv and now it wont
Computer Tech :

Have you been trying to use it with a universal?

Customer: Yes a comcast remote we Barley use the real tv remote
Computer Tech :

That's not good so basically the remote that is universal is failing as well and it was never reset or anything at all correct?

Computer Tech :

No change of batteries no battery failure?>

Customer: Inhave changed batteries
Computer Tech :

The real TV remote fails as well as the comcast universal

Customer: Yes
Customer: Now it working wonder if it was a comcast think
Computer Tech :

It's possible now try the other remote the one that came with the TV

Customer: Both remotes work and are working right I don't know what's happening other than it was a comcast issue
Customer: It's like the remote was stuck and would allow the factory remote work
Computer Tech :

More than likely it took the batteries a moment to charge the remote and get current to it.

Computer Tech :

Let us know if you have any other problems

Customer: Ok ty
Customer: Good nite
Computer Tech :

No problem and good night

Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience: 2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.