Adam
Adam, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician for over 10 years.
41474987

how can I repair INF file Txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing

Customer Question

how can I repair: INF file Txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 14 setup cannot continue. This occures all of asouden. Now when I turn on my system
Category: Computer
Expert:  Adam replied 5 years ago.

I'm Adam, I'll be helping you solve this issue.

Only hit the Accept button if my response helps resolve the issue, otherwise reply and we'll continue.

Since this started happening fairly recently, lets try this first:

Click the Windows Logo button (bottom left of screen) >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> System Restore. Follow the prompts to pick a restore date and time you are sure the issue wasn't on your computer (you may need to check the show more restore points box). Finally, restart your computer when it prompts you to.

Please let me know if the issue persists after the restoration, you will not lose any files rather this restores the settings that were on your computer before you had the issue.

You can come back here anytime to continue when you are ready - go to www.justanswer.com, and then click my questions (upper right) to get here again.

PLEASE HIT THE ACCEPT BUTTON IF THIS HAS HELPED YOU!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
stand by. doing this now. Still looking for all programs
Expert:  Adam replied 5 years ago.
It might be called just "programs"
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I found it.. I will do as you suggest and see you in a few if this does not fix it
Expert:  Adam replied 5 years ago.

OK sounds good!

If you have received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button, if not please respond!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
More information now for you.. This is hubby's computer... He now informs me this problem started back in early March to Late Feb. He always had a Antivirus on it and the program expired in April so he updated it (Norton). Now that is installed. When he also turns on the system the system always says New Hardware found. And PCI need
to be reloaded? Is this part of the Status 14
CAN YOU PROVIDE ME WITH A TELEPHONE NUMBER THAT I MAY CALL A TECH SUPPORT PERSON DIRECTLY, THAT WAY WE CAN GET THIS OVER WITH
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
GET ME A TELEPHONE NUMBER TO A PERSON ON LINE WAITING TO CHAT FOR OVER 2 HRS. TO FOLLOW UP
Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for contacting JA, I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Try the following:

Click on the "Start" button, then click "Run"

In the Run box type in MSCONFIG and hit enter. The system config box will appear.

Click on the "Startup" tab. On the list remove all of the check marks except for your antivirus if listed. When done click OK you will be prompted to restart.

Please restart and let me know the outcome.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
STAND BY
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That did not work when the system cam back on I got another screen that says : System Config Utility. This is a pop up screen that wasnt me to answer okay or not.
Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
That message is fine it's from the system configuration letting you know that you have made changes. The box appears when you start your PC. There is a box box at the lower left hand corner but a check in the box and hit OK.

Until you do that you will get the receive the box when you start up. However that is not a message indicating a issue just letting you know you made a change.

Did you receive the message you were getting before about INF file Txtsetup.sif ?
Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
How did you make out?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am still waiting for a reply. I sent you and update saying it did not work,.
I am getting tired of this. my husband wants a reufnd or get it done
Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
I was responded before please scroll up to view my response.

Did you only get the system config box?

Or did you also get the message you have been receiving?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I got the conf box
Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
This was my previous response.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have been getting this Inf message for several months accoring to my husband. I did not check the box on the lower left of the system config box. Is that something I need to do?
Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
Yes, when the PC restarts put a check in the box and the message will no longer appear.

After I had you remove the check marks on the system config box and you restarted.

Are you still getting the INF file Txtsetup.sif? Please answer this question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I m still getting that Inf txtsetup.sif statement error
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are right I am back... I went back to start run system config etc. and restart.

This time I received strange format I hope I didnt mess up the system it asked me if I wanted to (and it gave several choices) so I selected the one that stated roll back to the one that the system was working properly and here we are....

Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
That was advanced options screen. This usually comes up if the PC was shut down improperly.

Are you getting any messages when the PC starts up? If so what are they?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well lets try restarting the computer and seeing what happens. I have only been on this for 15 hours. This is my husbands stock computer for tomorrow. and its 11:00 pm here.. Ill be right back with you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am back and non too happy. this failed also... I still had to continue to hit the F8 key to have the system come up after the Inf file error message was displayed.
Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
I will opt out and open the question to other experts who might be able to further assist you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how long be for they come on line?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
This is not correcting the issue and the case has been passed to several tech's. I have been on line for hours. I am not happy. I am demanding a refund of my money. It is after 11:30 pm and I continued to wait but and have been forgotten. I am done. Have some come on line (Supervisor) and issue me a refund please.
Expert:  Adam replied 5 years ago.

Please click http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund for a refund of your deposit. Sorry about this time, but please come back to JustAnswer.com next time for any other computer issue. We guarantee our service.