Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....

I can sign my hotmail account in windows live. I get the next

I can sign my hotmail account in windows live. I get the next messenge: Error 800488fe: Cannot Sign-in to Windows Live Messenger.
I changed my password XXXXX did all that support page page told me. Please help me.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Molinari replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Let me know what happens if you log in here and then go to hotmail:

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tha account was blocked
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.

That's what I was afraid of...

You're going to have to jump through a few hoops if it's a free account.
They've had an epidemic of blocked accounts....

Hopefully you have another email address where you can be contacted by microsoft.
If not you can get a free gmail address here:

then go here:

1. There will be 2 lines, one for the account to be recovered, and one for an email address they can contact you at.

Then on the next page

2. Fill out as much info as possible and click continue.

3. Then on the next page, you will be given a Pin to access a forum; make sure you write it down and bookmark the link to the forum that is provided with the Pin number. This is very important!

4. On the next page they will create a private forum and and also send a link to the email address you provided on the first 2 line page pictured above. It will be just for you and the support agents where you can track the investigation, ask additional questions, supply additional information and find the results of their investigation. To access it, you will need the pin number they gave you at the beginning. This account is temporary and will only remain accessible for 30 days. Book mark it by hitting CTRL+D.

The email will be identical to this:

"Thank you for contacting Windows Live Support.
We have received your information regarding the account: [email protected]
We have created a private discussion forum in Windows Live Solution Center where you can further contact us regarding this request. Click (they'll have a private link here that you need the pin you received earlier to access) to visit the private forum. You can check anytime, review your answers, or leave additional comments.
When you submitted your request, you were supplied a personal identification number. You will need that number to access the private discussion forum.
Our support professionals are validating the answers you provided. If they can verify that you are the account owner, a password XXXXX email will be sent to this email address. If there is insufficient information for us to confirm that you are the account owner, a notice will be posted in the private forum. It normally takes us up to 24 hours to complete an evaluation. If you do not see a password XXXXX email within 24 hours, please check the status on the private forum."

It may take a few days to process your request, but you will get a response and if you provide enough detail, you should be able to recover your account.

Basically, just follow the steps and fill out as much information as you can and they should be in touch with you. They will give you a pin number and then a link to a private account/forum. Write down the pin number when it is given to you and keep this in a safe place. You'll need the pin to enter the temporary account that will be created for you. The temporary account means they will setup a private forum where you can discuss the compromised hotmail account with their support agent. Your answers to reset or recover the hacked hotmail password or account will be stored in the private forum. You can return to the forum to check the status of their investigation. It's basically just a support ticket through a temporary Windows Live Solution account.

Once they review all the information they will send you instructions on how to regain access to your account to the alternate email address you provided.

This video shows you most of the steps:

This is the ONLY thing you can do. They should answer in 1 or 2 days, but many users have reported that it may take at least a week to get a reply. I understand the frustration but please do it as soon as possible. It's a lot of waiting time, but it is the best they can do considering the tens of thousands of people this happens to, and unfortunately Microsoft does not have phone customer support for Hotmail issues, and sorry to say, it's the ONLY way to get it back.

If they haven't sent you an email with the link/pin to the private forum, try again, then go here and click ask a question and explain clearly up front what account you are asking about, who you are, and some basic information about the problem, and ask if it can be resolved, offering to prove your identity as needed. Don't expect a quick reply, but this can often work out, within a week or less time. Also tell them you haven't been responded to after filling out the form....
You may have to make a new windows live id in order to post...

1. Go to
2. Click on “Ask A Question.”
3. Select "Windows Live ID" and click on "Continue."
4. You can opt to select "Other Windows Live ID issues."
5. Click on "Continue" to post a question in the forum.
6. Enter the important info and click on "Submit." and do it loud and often. They tend to oil the squeaky wheel...

You can try these numbers, but they usually only help if you're a paid hotmail plus member, as free email accounts get virtually NO support, if you are doing important business, don't use a free email account, you're just asking for trouble.......

or try [email protected]

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand that following the above steps is the only way to get your account back...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When I try to recover my account, I can do it. I received the following messenge: This is a problem, please sign up again, sorry

Expert:  Molinari replied 5 years ago.
That happens on this page?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Molinari replied 5 years ago.
Have you tried a different browser to do it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, how can I get other browser?

Expert:  Molinari replied 5 years ago.
Vista has internet explorer built in, go to the start menu, all programs, and see if it's listed....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cannot see Internet explorer Built in
Expert:  Molinari replied 5 years ago.
Ok, go to the search bar and type in internet, internet exploer should come up on the list so you can double click it:

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, when I click in, Google page opens.
Expert:  Molinari replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I got the same menssage: there is a problem, sorry you can process your request, please sign up again.
Expert:  Molinari replied 5 years ago.
Is there anything that says sign out on the page anywhere?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. Only a continue botton
Expert:  Molinari replied 5 years ago.
How about here:
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I typed my password, but a new page shows that my account is blocked
Expert:  Molinari replied 5 years ago.
Nothing that says sign out?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, only a continue botton
Expert:  Molinari replied 5 years ago.
Ok, try this:

1. On the Windows Internet Explorer Tools menu, click Internet Options.
  2. On the General, under Browsing history, click Delete.
  3. Click the files that you want to delete.
then try to go here again: