CompuGeek
CompuGeek, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  MCA (Masters of Computer Application)

I own Office XP with this Product Key WCF6C 6CPKW T463Q

I own Office XP with this Product Key:

WCF6C 6CPKW T463Q TD9Q8 9THGJ

How do I install it on my newly configured computer?
Category: Computer
Expert:  CompuGeek replied 3 years ago.

CompuGeek :

Do you want to know how to install xp

CompuGeek :

is that your question

Customer:

I think so!

CompuGeek :

ok there are 2 things..one is windows and other is office software

CompuGeek :

have you installed windows on your new computer

Customer:

No

CompuGeek :

so you mean to say when you turn on your computer there is nothing loaded its blank

CompuGeek :

do you reach the windows desktop screen or not

CompuGeek :

i just want to comnfirm so that we can proceed in the right direction

Customer:

I have Version 2002 OfficeXP Service Pack 1 disc; OfficeXP Professioal (2002) disc; Publisher (2002 disc; OfficeXP Step by Step Interactive Training (2002) disc; and OfficeXP Media Content (2002) disc.

CompuGeek :

ok

CompuGeek :

o you wish to load these discs

CompuGeek :

so you wish to load these discs

Customer:

I have all I need on my computer, except my microsoft office things - word, excell, etc. The man who switched over to my new tower didn't put them on ???

CompuGeek :

ok

Customer:

I guess I should insert the discs and use my product key to install?

Customer:

Which discs of the ones I listed to I need?

CompuGeek :

yes please first of all insert the OfficeXP Professioal (2002) disc

CompuGeek :

it will auto play and an installation wizard should come up

CompuGeek :

you need to procced with the wizard

Customer:

OK

CompuGeek :

once its done let me know

Customer:

Done

Customer:

Hello?

CompuGeek :

ok

CompuGeek :

did the installation complete

CompuGeek :

now take that disc out and insert Publisher (2002 disc

CompuGeek :

and install it

CompuGeek :

once done let me know

Customer:

What uses are "Publisher" for? While I was waiting for you, I installed the "Step by Step" disc - should I have done this?

CompuGeek :

it was not required

CompuGeek :

if you use the publisher software then install it else leave it

CompuGeek :

please let me know that on your computer do you ahve windows xp or windows 7

Customer:

I don't believe I need it, but please tell me what I can do with it if I install it. I have Windows 7 Ultimate or I did have before ............

CompuGeek :

as you asked you can use the publisher software for making cards, posters invitataions etc

CompuGeek :

so you can install it

Customer:

OK - I will install it now and tell you when I have finished ......

CompuGeek :

ok

Customer:

When I try to install Publisher, it won't accept the product key.

CompuGeek :

yes as the publisher was on a different disc is there any product key mentioned on that disc seperately or on its cover

Customer:

Oops - I just found it!

CompuGeek :

ok

CompuGeek :

once done insert the disc OfficeXP Service Pack 1 disc and install it

Customer:

Completed

CompuGeek :

great

CompuGeek :

insert the disc OfficeXP Service Pack 1 disc and install it

Customer:

What does this one do for me?

CompuGeek :

well this disc is a service pack disc that add ons additional features to office software package like updated clip arts etc

CompuGeek :

please install this one

Customer:

I just read what it does - it's installing now.

CompuGeek :

ok

CompuGeek :

once done let me know

Customer:

Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 1 (SP-1)

Office XP Service Pack 1 (SP-1) provides the latest updates to Office XP. SP-1 contains significant security enhancements, and stability and performance improvements. Some of the fixes included with SP-1 have been previously released as separate updates. This service pack combines them into one integrated package, and includes a number of other changes designed to improve the reliability and performance of your Office XP applications.

Office XP SP-1 addresses the issues described in the following Microsoft Security Bulletins:

This Service Pack includes all previously released updates for Office XP:

Office XP SP-1 will install successfully even if one or more of the publicly available updates listed above has already been installed on your computer.

SP-1 for Office XP also includes stability improvements developed as a result of user input from the Error Reporting tool in Office XP as well as Microsoft Product Support feedback.

All public updates released after Office XP SP-1 will require the installation of SP-1.

Service Pack 1 for Office XP will apply to the following Office XP suites and standalone applications:

• Microsoft Office XP Professional

• Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage

• Microsoft Office XP Standard

• Microsoft Office XP Standard for Students and Teachers

• Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition

• Microsoft Word 2002

• Microsoft Excel 2002

• Microsoft Outlook® 2002

• Microsoft PowerPoint® 2002

• Microsoft FrontPage® 2002

• Microsoft Access 2002

• SharePoint™ Team Services from Microsoft

• Microsoft Publisher 2002

• Microsoft Office XP Web Components

If you are running Microsoft Windows 2000, installing Office XP SP-1 may require a reboot of your machine. To prevent this reboot, upgrade to Windows Installer 2.0. To ensure the integrity of your Office installation, the Installation Wizard may require access to the Office product CD or your network installation location during the installation process. For more information on these issues, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article, (Q307843) - Overview of the Office XP Service Pack 1.

If you are using Office XP Multilingual Pack.

For complete Office XP SP-1 functionality if you are using an Office XP Multilingual User Interface Pack, you will need:

• Office XP Update: Service Pack 1 (SP-1)

• Office XP Update: Service Pack 1 (SP-1) for Office XP Multilingual User Interface Pack

Office XP Update: Service Pack 1 (SP-1) for Office XP Multilingual User Interface Pack will be available at a later date.

Standard Update

Microsoft Office XP SP-1 Client Update provides the latest product updates to Office XP and should be installed on a single computer. Please follow these steps to update to SP-1:

• Go to the Standard update folder that contains the file sp1cdpak.exe.

• Double click sp1cdpak.exe and specify a location on your local hard drive. This will extract the SP-1 standard update file oxpsp1.exe.

• Once the file extraction is complete, go to that location and run oxpsp1.exe. This will install the SP-1 standard update on your computer.

To go to the SP-1 Standard Update folder click here.

For more information on the Standard Update, see the Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 1 Download Page.

Administrative Update

The SP-1 Administrative Update for Office XP produces the same upgraded version of Office XP that the Standard Update produces. In addition, the Administrative Update contains complete updated files, rather than binary patches for the original files. Use the SP-1 Administrative Update if you wish to install Service Pack 1 from a central server location to multiple computers.

For more information on Administrative Update, see the Microsoft Office XP Resource Kit SP-1 Download Page.

The Microsoft Office Team

© 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Customer:

I only get this page when I ask it to install?

CompuGeek :

ok

CompuGeek :

does it have a next or ok button

CompuGeek :

do you see on the page it says standard update

CompuGeek :

just follow the steps listed on the standard page

Customer:

No - I'll check again - Yes, I see the standard update

CompuGeek :

ok

CompuGeek :

there are steps mentioned to do the standard update..you need to open the folder mentioned and run teh exe file

CompuGeek :

let mne know if you face any difficulty

Customer:

It's telling me to insert the Office Professional disc, again, in order to install the service pack ???

CompuGeek :

ok insert it

Customer:

It says the update was cancelled by the user on one pop-up and shows me this on another:

CompuGeek :

ok no issues

CompuGeek :

just close the window and take the disc out

Customer:

I did close the window and took the disc out, but how do I know it installed?

CompuGeek :

please click start..all programs

CompuGeek :

do you see ms office listed with word excel programs

Customer:

OK

CompuGeek :

try opening and check

Customer:

I now have a file, marked "Oxpsp1" and when I try to open, I get "This program will install Office XP Service Pack - I'm trying that now 1. Do you want to continue?

CompuGeek :

yes

Customer:

It completed successfully.

CompuGeek :

ok

CompuGeek :

now open up word or excel and check

Customer:

What does it mean that it updated - What does this Service Pack do?

CompuGeek :

well the service pack adds on added functionality to all programs like more themes, cliparts features etc

CompuGeek :

now that its installed it time you test by opening up ms word or excel

CompuGeek :

if it opens up sucessfully then we are done with the installation

CompuGeek :

let me know the status

Customer:

The system says it has to wait to activate, but I have 49 more chances and in the meantime, I can use word. I'll try Excell now

CompuGeek :

ok

Customer:

Same thing happened. Before we finish, do you think I will be able to activate it in the future and they are just busy or what?

CompuGeek :

well you will have to get it activated through microsoft

CompuGeek :

t seems the product key you used might have expired

Customer:

By doing what?

CompuGeek :

let me give microsoft's contact#

Customer:

If it expired, will I have to buy a whole new package?

CompuGeek :

just call them let them know the product key you use to activate and the message you get when you open word or excel and they will either activate the key you used or will give you a new one

CompuGeek :

no you dont have to buy a new licenese

CompuGeek :

give me a moment while i give you their contact#

Customer:

Oh - great! Thank you .............

CompuGeek :

1-(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

CompuGeek :

once you call them just let them know you need help in product activation over the phone

CompuGeek :

they will accordingly transfer your call to the relevant support group

Customer:

Thank you & thank you for all your help answering my many questions.

CompuGeek :

let me know if you have any queries

CompuGeek :

If all your question was answered to your satisfaction you may hit the accept button to reward the time we spent

Customer:

Nope! I'm done for now.

CompuGeek, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: MCA (Masters of Computer Application)