Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

HOW TO TAKE MY ACER ASPIRE 5520 BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you.

Restart the computer and immediately press ALT on the keyboard and start tapping F10 > Continue until "Starting Acer Erecovery" appears

There will be 4 options, choose #1. Restore system to factory default

Note: If you aren't able to access the built in recovery partition, it means that is corrupted as well. Boot the recovery disk that came with the computer.
If you don't have one, you can call(NNN) NNN-NNNNto get them, or click here: http://tinyurl.com/3nc4w9v
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Other.
i have tryed alt f10 not helping so acer said to just use f12 when laptop powers up no good
Expert:  Bernie replied 6 years ago.
No need to relist, please just reply to me using the box at the bottom of the page and I will continue to work with you.

By using F12, were you able to get the laptop working again? That is just the boot menu that lets you change the boot order from what I understand.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so where do i go from hear
Expert:  Bernie replied 6 years ago.
If you aren't able to access the built in recovery partition, it means that is corrupted as well. Boot the recovery disk that came with the computer.

If you don't have one, you can call 408-533-7700 to get them, or click here: http://tinyurl.com/3nc4w9v

Once you order the recovery disk and it comes:

Reboot the pc, and as soon as starts back up, start tapping F12, to get to your BIOS screen. You'll find all the navigational keys listed at the bottom > Get to the boot tab, look for the option to set the boot priority of your CD to first and make sure the Hard Drive is second. SAVE and exit when done > Now insert the recovery CD, restart, at the prompt press any key to boot from it.