Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

why does my computers arrow get stuck so often i have to restart-is

Customer Question

why does my computers arrow get stuck so often? i have to restart-is it a web site that isnt good that i visit?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Does the cursor get stuck when carrying out any specific task/program, or randomly? Also, are you using a laptop?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

randomly- as a matter a fact it did it again just a min ago-had to restart-

yes laptop- hp pavilion sv5-2072 entertainment notebook windows 7

Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
Okay, and are you using the laptop's touchpad, or an external mouse? If it's the former, have you tried testing with an external mouse?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it touchpad- no havent tried that- but its like a certain web site will do it- i have to checkwhere it was that it gets stuck

although restart does the trick,and it did it on this site- so i dont know,\.

karen

Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
Just one more question: does this only happen when browsing the Internet?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i think so------not sure- but it is mostly when im on line
Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
Okay. Let's try resetting your browser first. In Internet Explorer, please go to Tools > Internet Options. Click on the Advanced tab; do you see a Reset button present?

If so, click on that, make sure that "Delete personal settings" is checked, and finally click on Reset one more time, in the confirmation prompt that comes up. Close and restart IE thereafter, then check if this makes any difference to your issue with the cursor freezing up at times.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
does that mean i have to re enter passwords? does it erase or change what?
Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
If you don't want to erase your passwords/history/login data etc., just make sure to UNCHECK the "Delete personal settings" option while resetting the browser. Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
does that mean i have to re enter passwords? does it erase or change what?Hi Karen Hersh, A new device named "Customer" logged into your Facebook account (Friday, June 3, 2011 at 6:38am) from New York, NY, US (IP=68.175.88.83). (Note: This location is based on information from your ISP or wireless provider.) This device has been added to your account. Was this you? If so, you can disregard the rest of this email. If this wasn't you, please follow the link below to protect your Facebook account information: http://www.facebook.com/roadblock/roadblock_me.php?u=1461291010&n=XxiZhU0A To learn how login notifications like this one can help you to protect your account information, visit the Help Center: http://www.facebook.com/help/?topic=loginnotifications. Please note: Facebook will never request your login information through email. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Team
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ill try
Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ill try it

thanks

karen

Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
Okay, let me know how things turn out.

Regards