Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

how do I delete search engines from my computer. I accidently

how do I delete search engines from my computer. I accidently put them on my computer and can't delete them. One is called Crawler and the other one is 49 Search Engines
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need.

What web browser are you using - is it Internet Explorer? or Firefox?

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
internet explorwe
OK; do you see "Tools" either on the top left or top right of the web browser (Internet Explorer)?

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
OK; please select Tools... then pick "Manage Add-Ons"

Look for the extensions/add-on that says "Crawler" and click on it then select "Disable"...

Then look for the other toolbars that you have in Internet Explorer that you do not want... They should be sorted by the company that made them, so you'll have to look in each group until you find them...

Then Close. If you still see toolbars after that, please RIGHT-click on them and try to select the toolbar with the same name that is checked, then select Disable.

Hope that helps... If not, let me know; thanks.

FS
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience: Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I did it

OK; is it gone now? Or no?

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did not find 49 search engines but I removed crawler. did u c my comment about already paying for this service when I bought my coomputer
I'm not sure what you mean. JustAnswer is not affiliated with any computer manufacturer. I'm glad your issue was resolved. Thank you.

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
omg I thought this was geek squad
OK.

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will pay for your help
Hi - thank you for that. You've already clicked Accept so you don't need to do anything further. No worries. Thank you for the Accept.

FS