Justin
Justin, Network Administrator/Not Limited
Experience:  Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration
2888018

windows live mail. contacts screen not showing when clicking

Customer Question

windows live mail. contacts screen not showing when clicking on contacts. remains on mail screen. contacts appear still to be there as, when creating an email, the name responds before typing the address is complete. using windows 7 and wlm 2011.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.
Greetings

Please read: Remember to return and click the Accept button ONLY once your issue is resolved. If the first answer does not work, just REPLY to me and we will continue.

I've actually never heard that either myself and I have extension knowledge in WLM/Outlook etc. Outlook can have this problem, but its usually due to database integrity, WLM handles contacts differently.

What'd I'd do as a quick step is go to start, in the searchbox type wlarp and hit enter. Or go to start > all programs > accessories > run and type wlarp and hit enter.

Use the wizard to repair windows live mail/essentials.

Alternatively you can do this by going to start > control panel, programs and features. And double clicking Windows Live Mail (or Windows Live Essentials).

Windows Live Mail is the only you need to repair so if prompted with the option select only WLM.

If this doesn't resolve the issue please REPLY and let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry about the delay in replying. Still does not work. The contacts.edb file is not on the system.
Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.
Try a system restore.
Start > all programs > accessories > system tools System Restore.

Choose more installed dates, and choose a date PRIOR to when this happened. Complete the rollback and then see if your contacts have returned to functionality.

To return to me, just go to www.justanswer.com, click Login on the upper right. Put in your email address and password, then click My Questions on the upper right.

If you didn't set a password for justanswer, you may do so by clicking My Account on the upper right and editting password. Then click Save Changes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Earliest rollback date is 3rd June, problem has been in existence since well before that date. Any further ideas ?

Martin Jones

Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.
By default windows 7 holds multiple restore dates. Choose show more dates during the wizard and you should see a ton more going back months. Please check, this is going to be your easiest method to test at this point.