Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Service and CompTIA A+ CERTIFIED.

canon ip4800 error 6a81

canon ip4800 error 6a81
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

That error means something is blocking the printer inside. Like a paper jam or a foreign object. Please check using a flashlight, to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen. If there is nothing obvious, un-plug the printer power supply.

Next, take a dry cloth or Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder. Dust may be coating the rollers there and as they become less tacky, they cannot feed paper correctly.

Holding the printer in both hands (you may need another person to help you) , turn it upside down and shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area. (Sometimes objects such as pens, paper clips and so on can fall into the paper feed area and cause blockages.)

Then plug the printer back up, take your paper out and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper. Then try to form feed again. If that works, then try to print again.

If no luck, remove all paper from the machine and then blow out the feed roller and paper tray thoroughly with compressed air three or four times.

Once done plug in back in and insert a single sheet of paper.

Please test the machine and let me know the results.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Actually i have done what you explained , but unfortunatly did not work?
Unfortunately if there is no paper jammed inside the printer but you still get the error message, then the printer is defective. Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace than the machine itself.

You may prefer a new printer for a similar/better price than a repair. Amazon has very good prices usually with free shipping and no tax. Click here for more info ---> http://tinyurl.com/PrintersAmazon

Please note I do NOT work for CANON so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
Experience: Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Service and CompTIA A+ CERTIFIED.