Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax
14934061

When I click the Skype icon, NOTHING happens.

Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 5 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hello sir/madam, i would like to help you please let me know when you are ready.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert. You will also receive an email when your question is updated. If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I`ve had Skype for 3 years, since the "problems" a few days ago, when I press the Skype icon, nothing happens. I`m NOT computer knowledable at all and was going to go to the 'Geek Squad" at the Best Byy store where I bought the computer and see if they could help.
can you please try to reinstall your skype. reinstalling may fix the problem. here is the link http://tinyurl.com/yhumy8p just click on the link and install. after installation please try to open your skype. if you still have problems please let me know. we can go step by step and fix it. ..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Internet Explorer has blocked this site from downloading...think I`ll just have the "Geek Squad " guys give it a try .
can you please RIGHT CLICK on it, and select SAVE TARGET AS. and download it to your desktop. solution is very easy. we can go step by step and fix it in a few minutes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok...done that.

were you able to "download" it ? is it on your desktop now?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes , I downloaded it but when you asked a follow up question, I hit the "response button" and it came up "access denied"... now what?

hello again, there must be a technical problem.

ok, now, can you please DOUBLE CLICK on the file you have downloaded. it is the installation file of skype. and it will install skype (reinstall) on your computer.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok but there seems to be TWO downloads....."Sype Setup" and"..which do I use? Softonic Download For Skype" which do I use?
skype setup..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

GOT IT!!!!! thank you!!!!!! worth the $28. so nice to see (and hear) Skpe again.

happy to hear that, best regards. have a nice day.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do I get the Skype icon back when I press "start" like it was before we installed the new software this morning.?

hi again,

are you unable to locate your skype icon? (blue skype icon )

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
finally got it by "experimentation."...no idea how I did it but I have it now...thanks.