hello sir/madam, i would like to help you please let me know when you are ready.
Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert. You will also receive an email when your question is updated. If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.
hello again, don't worry , we will fix it.
what is the make and model of your computer?
for example toshiba satellite a1200
can you go to your start menu. go to SEARCH BAR at bottom.
into the textbox, type this:
and press enter.
it will open your configuration utility. when you are there, please let me know.
please go to STARTUP tab.
it will show you a list (list of programs)
do you see a program in the list related to IAStorIcon ?
please UNCHECK it (remove the tick )
and press APPLY button. and press ok. and restart your computer.
from now on, you will never get that error message again.
i will be here waiting.
hello again, did you see the error message?
what is the model of your vaio?
for example vaio VGN-PC100
I have prepared the required file for you,
can you click on the link above and download it to your desktop. after the download, please let me know.
what was the last time you were able to use your programs? (Pinnacle Studio 14 etc)
we can try a system restore.
since iastoricon is already installed on your computer, there must be a problem with other programs you cannot use.
for example, Pinnacle Studio 14
can you try to reinstall your Pinnacle Studio 14 and check if you are able to use it without problems.
• Remember what my initial contact said? The problem is with "IAStorIcon." The message that pops up after my laptop boots says "IAStorIcon has stopped working. Windows is trying to find a solution to the problem."
• I have uninstalled and re-installed Pinnacle TWICE! I have also done the same with two other programs: "Movavi Video Converter 10" and "SightSpeed." These programs, and a couple others, have all stopped working properly, when that "IAStorIcon" message started popping up. Re-installation of these programs has not resolved the ongoing issue.
• According to several forums online, this issue of "IAStorIcon has stopped working" is not all that uncommon. Several people are reporting this very same problem. Simply type in that message in Google to see the many identical complaints.
Thank you for not giving up on my case. Please do continue to try to find a solution. You are very much appreciated!
can you click your start button.
go to ALL PROGRAMS >> ACCESSORIES
please RIGHT CLICK on COMMAND PROMPT
and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
you will see a black dos box. when you are in the black dos box, please let me know. we will enter a command.
thank you, in the dos box, can you type this exactly
is your windows 7 64 bit or32 bit?
can you install this
Here are my TWO questions:
1) Which one of these files am I supposed to install? Or, is it all of them?
2) How do I install it or them?
Neither of them are exe files, so I don't know how to install them.
hello again, sorry for the delay,
can you please go to your device manager.
when you are in device manager, please let me know. (if you don't know how to go there please let me know)
do you see a yellow exclamation mark there? (do you see an item related to RAPID INTEL or RAPID INTEL STORAGE etc? (in device manager)
what do you see under DISK DRIVES ? (can you expand that menu and you will see the sub-items)
hello again, sorry for the delay.
can you please try this:
please click on your start button.
into the SEARCH section, type this:
go to STARTUP section.
press DISABLE ALL and then press APPLY
when done, go to SERVICES tab. check HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES checkbox
and then press DISABLE ALL again. and press APPLY
close it. and restart your computer.
please let me know how it goes. your computer will start in basic mode. (it will be faster)