John MBA
John MBA, Engineer
Experience:  Working as a software engineer for more than 4 years
19190971

Need software to download pictures from my LG420G to PC with

Customer Question

Need software to download pictures from my LG420G to PC with Windows 7.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John MBA replied 3 years ago.

John MBA :

Hello

John MBA :

I am John and I will try to help you.

John MBA :

Do you have the USB cable to connect it to the Computer ?

Customer :

Yes, it is connected to the PC.

John MBA :

Click Start -> Computer

John MBA :

Is the LG phone detected as a Drive ?

Customer :

OK

Customer :

No driver detected.

John MBA :

Hold on, let me check for the driver that you will need.

Customer :

Thank you.

John MBA :

Try the Download link in the above link.

John MBA :

Try to install it.

Customer :

Thank you. I'll do it now.

John MBA :

Okay

John MBA :

Don't forget to click the ACCEPT button and Leave a POSITIVE feedback if satisfied. A Bonus is highly appreciated.

Customer :

I got a program, Driver Whiz, to fix all the drivers on my computer and I already have a program for that. I just need the driver for my LG420G!

John MBA :

Hold on let me check

John MBA :

When you bought the mobile, did you get a CD for installing the drivers ?

Customer :

NO

John MBA :

Okay. Hold on.

John MBA :

I did a little research and found out that, your phone will work with out the LG PC suit.

John MBA :

Just connecting the phone, using USB will connect the phone as a USB drive.

John MBA :

All you need to do is just drag and drop the image files from some folders

John MBA :

Try this,

John MBA :

Connect the phone to PC

John MBA :

Go to Start -> Computer.

John MBA :

Just after the CD drive

John MBA :

You will get the Phone drive.

John MBA :

Try it.

John MBA :

try reconnecting the USB to PC when the Mobile is connected in the other end.

John MBA :

Check whether any change is appearing in the phone when connected.

John MBA :

But main point here is you must have a external memory card in your phone.

John MBA :

Do you have it ?

Customer :

Already tried this. Does not work. States "driver is needed".

Customer :

Do not have external memory drive on phone.

John MBA :

Oh okay, then it won't work for sure

John MBA :

You will need LG PC suit.

John MBA :

Let me search for a download link.

John MBA :

Normally Lg keeps a disk to install the driver, so please check again with the Mobile packet that you got.

John MBA :

outside the pack you can see what all the items inside the pack. Just check they are mentioning anything about a CD.

Customer :

Tried the link. Ended up with Driver Mender, another program I don't need. Also had bno driver available for LGE phone.

John MBA :

Oh sorry for that. Just check the package that you got.

John MBA :

Let me check for a proper link to download.

Customer :

Did not get any disk or cable with the phone. I have been trying to get some pictures download foe 2 months.

John MBA :

Without PC Suit its not possible. Its better to have a memory card inserted. So you can save images to the memory card and easily download any data.

Customer :

The only card in the phone is a sim card. There is no place to insert anything else.

John MBA :

Yes its there.

John MBA :

Let me get some manual or video to show how to insert a memory card.

Customer :

I spoke to a rep from LGE last night. She explained to me that LGE makes the phones but the customer must get 3rd party software to make the phone fully functionable.

John MBA :

Do you have Bluetooth in the mobile.

John MBA :

You can transfer the files using bluetooth to any PC

John MBA :

All you need is a Bluetooth adapter.

John MBA :

its a small usb device that can be connected to your PC.

Customer :

Where do you get a Bluetooth adapter?

John MBA :

Any electronics or computer shop.

John MBA :

Its a small device. And easy to use.

Customer :

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

John MBA :

All you need to do is, connect the device, turn on the Bluetooth in your phone.

John MBA :

Goto the folder that contains the images, you will have options to transfer images.

Customer :

OK.

John MBA :

Customer :

When I go to my Pictures file and i select a picture > options > send >bluetooth > no devices found, the adapter will correct that, right?

John MBA :

yes thats correct.

John MBA :

There you will see the bluetooth connected to the PC.

John MBA :

Select that and proceed. That's all. :)

Customer :

I will click the accept button after i acquire the Bluetooth adapter and get some pictures downloaded. Thank you for your service!

John MBA :

Sure.