Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

how do i enable usb debugging on sprint evo phone

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im here to help.

What tye of computer are you trying to connect the phone to?

windows xp, vista, mac osx?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Windows Vista
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

To enable USB debugging on your HTC Evo phone, please try the following:
Press the Home key to return to the main screen
Press the Menu key
On screen, select Settings
Select Applications
Select Development
Check USB debugging
Press the Back button

You're all set! USB debugging is now enabled and you can press the home key to exit. Next time you connect your phone to your computer, your phone will alert you that USB debugging is enabled and will advise you to disable it. This alert is on the status bar and may be safely ignored.

In addition, I highly recommend checking out the XDA forums for tips on how to use the EVO in Development mode.

If you need further help in enabling debugging mode, please let me know.
Thanks!
Mark
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Thanks.

when you plug your phone into the computer..

with the phone on.

does it give you an option on the screen to enter usb debugging mode?

if not then..

Tap your phone's Menu key and

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
selectSettings, then Applications, thenDevelopment. Now check the box that says "USB Debugging" and press "OK"

You should be good to go!

if you get stuck, or have any questions,, let me know!

Please click the green accept button to show I have assisted you.

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.

Thanks!

If my answer helped, please make sure to leave positive feedback on the screen that comes up after clicking accept. If my answer did not work, please wait to leave feedback till we get the issue fixed!