Alex
Alex, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  15+ years experience with Windows based PCs including all types of hardware and software.

1. What is the software applications software designed to help

1. What is the software applications software designed to help users be more efficient?
Assistance software
Efficiency software
productivity software
Software suites

2. What type of software is provided with the expectation that the users will change it to meet their particular needs?
Commercial software
Open Source software
Public Domain Software
Shareware

3. A collection of integrated software is called a software:
congregation
family
office
suite

4. What type of application is designed to create text documents?
Authoring package
Document processor
Text Processor
Word processor

5. When using application to create a text document, where do you view and modify the text?
Document area
rulers
scroll bars
toolbars

6. When using an application to create a text document, what tool do you use to see areas of the screen that are not initially visible?
document area
rulers
scroll bars
toolbars

7. When using an application to create a text document, where are the margins, indents, and tabs shown?
document area
rulers
scroll bars
toolbars

8. What is the insertion point in a word processing document?
cursor
icon
inserter
text entry bar

9. What is the process called when marks a particular part of the document for special processing?
blocking
editing
identifying
selecting

10. What is the name for a set of characters like Arial or courier?
font
points
style
type

11. How large is a 10-point font?
1/720 of an inch
1/72 of an inch
10/72 of an inch
7/10 of an inch

12. What is the name of the area of the screen in which you interact with a spreadsheet?
cell
cell address
formula bar
worksheet

13. What is the intersection of a row and a column is a spreadsheet called?
cell
cell address
formula bar
worksheet

14. What are the text areas in a spreadsheet?
cells
labels
text boxes
values

15. When you buy software, what are you buying?
The rights to use, copy, and distribute the software
The right to use the software on one of your computers and make one backup copy
The right to use the software on all of your computers, and make backup copies
The right to copy, modify, and share you version of the software

16. Most presentation packages have pre-built formats you can use; these are called:
cells
frames
monitors
templates

17. What part of a presentation enables you to add graphics?
animations
frames
text box
video areas

18. What part of a presentation allows you to add character data?
animations
frames
text box
video areas

19. What is the term for an application that handles your contacts, to-do lists, etc.?
address manager
contact-handler
personal information manager
world database manager

20.When using a spreadsheet or word processor, you use what to store and then replay a set of keystrokes.
macros
formulas
compound commands
automation tools
Category: Computer
Expert:  Alex replied 3 years ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. The answers are below. Please click Accept if satisfied as I am only compensated when you Accept an answer. If you need a clarification click Need Info.

Thanks

Alex

1. Productivity
2. Open Source
3. Suite
4. Word Processor
5. Document Area
6. Scroll Bars
7. Rulers
8. Cursor
9. Selecting
10. Font
11. 10/72
12. Worksheet
13. Cell Address
14. cells
15. The right to use the software on one of your computers and make one backup copy
16. Templates
17. Frames
18. Text Boxes
19. Personal Information Manager
20. Macros

Alex, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: 15+ years experience with Windows based PCs including all types of hardware and software.