Matt, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc (Hons) Software Engineering, 4+ years experience as IT Support

How do i reboot my Toshiba Satellite L655 laptop to Factory

Customer Question

How do i reboot my Toshiba Satellite L655 laptop to Factory setting?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

Matt :

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Matt and I will be assisting with your question.

Matt :

Let me know when you are ready.

Customer :

hi

Matt :

Hello

Customer :

can you help me to reboot my laptop to factory setting?

Matt :

Yes, I can.

Customer :

tell me what u want me to do

Matt :

Ok, your Toshiba laptop should come with an inbuilt recovery partition. To access it, shut down your computer and press and hold the 0 (zero) key on your keyboard and then depress the computer's power switch. When the computer turns on, the Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility screen will appear and it will give you an option to restore your computer to factory settings. Press 1 and click 'Yes' when prompted.

Matt :

The above process will recover your system to factory settings alright.

Customer :

can you hold on

Matt :

No problem.

Customer :

it didn'

Customer :

it didn't happen nothing

Matt :

Did you try the steps correctly?

Matt :

Please try it again.

Customer :

ya but can u tell me what depress mean?

Matt :

It means to just press the ....power switch

Matt :

once.

Matt :

...while holding the 0 key

Customer :

ok i try but is not working. it just showing me a black screen

Matt :

Hmm.....were you holding on to the 0 (zero) key when you pressed the power switch?

Customer :

first i hold the 0 (zero) key and then i press the power switch

Matt :

Yes, that's the drill.

Matt :

Make sure that your computer is turned off first.

Customer :

yes i turn my computer off then i press and hold the 0 (zero) key then i press the power switch

Customer :

do i keep holding the 0 (zero) key after i press the power switch

Matt :

yes

Customer :

but it did not work

Customer :

when do i release the 0 (zero) key?

Matt :

Ok, is this a new system and did it come pre-installed with Windows 7 or did you upgrade?

Customer :

this is a new system and it come pre-installed with window 7

Matt :

Ok, it seems that the recovery partition has been damaged/corrupted somehow.

Customer :

now what i do.

Matt :

In the circumstances, you would need to order a recovery disk using the link below:

Customer :

how it costs

Matt :

Not more than $10-$15

Customer :

there is no other way to reboot my laptop

Matt :

No, I'm afriad if the recovery partition is not working, then the only way to restore your system is by getting a recovery disk and then using to recover the system.

Customer :

I have Toshiba Satellite L655D laptop?

Matt :

Ok, the steps are the same for your laptop model.

Customer :

oh ok

Customer :

so if i order the recovery disk. it will work

Matt :

Yes, it will.

Customer :

ok

Matt :

Hope this helps.

Matt :

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Customer :

how do i contact you after i received my recovery disk.

Matt :

You can add thia page your browser Favorites/Bookmarks and then use that to get back here later.

Matt :

Alternatively, just use the link in your email.

Customer :

ok

Customer :

thanks

Matt :

It's a pleasure. You may click Accept now and leave Feedback.

Matt :

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Customer :

you will not charge me right

Matt :

Sorry?

Customer :

so you will charge me

Matt :

It's up to you to pay for this consultation or not.

Customer :

NO

Matt :

Fine.

Customer :

Thanks

Matt :

ok