Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 35 years experience in the service and repair of all types of electronic equipment.

how do i remove the fuse on my toshiba a75-s226 motherboard

Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 5 years ago.
Greetings, can you provide more detail or possibly a picture of what your fuse looks like? First of all, are you certain you have a blown fuse? If so, what soldering skills and tools do you have to unsolder and resolder it in place?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes its blown , i used a test meter and i have power to one side of the fuse and no power on the other side of the fuse. i replaced the power recepticle and when i plug in the power supply the recepticle got so hot it blew out the fuse and now the laptop is dead

If your fuse blew as the result of you changing the power jack then I would first suggest a thorough inspection of all solder connections to make sure nothing is bridged to cause it to short out the fuse. You may want to temporarily bridge the blown fuse with another one of exactly the same rating and power it up to see if it blows as well. Unsoldering the existing fuse should be done with a grounded or isolated tip soldering iron, solder wick and a steady hand.

If you need more specific information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i dont know if i can get a replacement fuse for this laptop and yes, i have repaired the plug assembly and i am very good with soldering
My concern is what blew the fuse after you changed the jack. There should be several options for purchasing a replacement. I'll work on that tomorrow, nearly midnight here now.