Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified
23822421

I have a Toshiba satellite L455D-S5976 with windows7 home.

I have a Toshiba satellite L455D-S5976 with windows7 home. My issue is with the wireless auto connection in the wireless properties. In the properties I select the top box to auto connect to my wireless system in my home. When I boot it connects ok, but after about 60 seconds something removes the check in the box and it disconnects. I have to manually connect and it stays connected until I reboot, then it goes through what I explained above again.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

OK, please follow the steps below from the "problematic" computer:

1- Click Start

2- Click Control Panel

3- CLick "Network and Sharing Center"

4- Click "Manage Wireless Networks"

5- Remove (delete) ALL the network names you will see there

Then follow the steps below:
1- Please click Start, then Control Panel

2- Now click "View by: Large icons"

3- Click "Network and Sharing Center"

4- Click "Connect to a Network"

5- A list of wireless networks will show up. Please select your network (it may be 'linksys', John's network, etc) and then click "Connect"

6- If you are prompted to enter a network password, do it. If you don't remember it, please let me know.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did as you suggested, I connect ok. It's in the wireless properties where the boxes are to select to auto connect. The check is in the box, but when I reboot my laptop, something removes the check and then I have to manually connect every time I boot my laptop....it won't auto connect.
OK, but after removing the networks and connect to it again, do you still get the same issue?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes

1. Open Device Manager

2. Expand Network Adapters

3. Right click on the Network adapter installed on your computer

4. Go to Properties

5. On the Power Management tab uncheck all the boxes and apply the settings

6. Restart the computer and check if the network card works fine now.

Follow the steps below also:

1. Click Start

2. Click Control Panel

3. Click Network and Internet

4. Click Network and Sharing Center

5. Next to View your active networks click Connect or disconnect.

6. Right-Click the desired network and select properties.

7. On the connection tab of the new window check "Connect Automatically" also check “Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name (SSID)”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did as you suggested...which I've already done at lease 3 times before I contacted you. Remember, my issue is when I reboot the laptop, it connects for about 60 seconds, then some how the checks are removed and then it drops connection. So then I have to manually connect and then it connects ok and stays connected until I have to reboot and then it does the same thing all the time.
OK. Do you have Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit?. Please click Start, then right click "Computer" and select Properties to find out the version.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hey John...just so you know....I'm a A+/Net+/CCNA tech with my own PC bizz ASAPComputerfix. It's running win7 32bit

OK :-) then you may already have reinstalled the network card driver? please let me know. You may have tried all the troubleshooting already
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It was one of first things I did. And it booted and did a auto install and connected just fine after I pointed it to the wireless and placed the checks on the auto connect boxes in the wireless propertiers. Then I rebooted, it connected and then it dropped connection to my wireless once again. I checked the wireless propertiers and something removed the checks from the auto connect......I'm stumped!
Yes, this is weird. Have you tried disabling the antivirus/firewall and also checking if the issue occurs also with a different user account on that computer? Also malware checking (probably do not cause that, but we can try it).
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok.....hang on....I'll try it
No rush, I will be here for 1 hour...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just booted into safe mode with networking and the checks were on the boxes and it connected automatically and stayed connected. But if I boot to normal, it drops the checks in the wireless properties. hmmmmm
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I uninstalled Norton and the netzero that came with Toshiba....after trying to shut off Norton's firelwall in safe mode.....rebooting now
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no change with another account.......I gave the account admin rights and it did the same thing.....removed the checks from wireless properties.....stumped again, but is safe mode with networking it works just fine and the checks are in the boxes. I checked Device Manager in safe mode and no ghosting noticed.
This is weird. Have you tried updating Windows? Also please check what applications are loaded on the startup (msconfig, etc), and see if there is a router application or third party network application there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes, did the updates....dats MS first answer to everything.....lol

I shut off everything in services except windows stuff in msconfig and I had to go into regedit and remove the Belkin router stuff the customer had installed, it would auto uninstall in thru control Panel. I just rebooted and it worked and the checks were in the boxes. Rebooting now..........

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I thinking it was the Belkin thrid party sw. Everytime it booted and connected auto, it would drop the connection and then a Belkin warning would pop up. I tried to uninstall the Belkin software through control panel, but it wouldn't, so I had to clean it out thru regedit and it seems to be working just fine after 2 reboots and it's doing the same thing in another accounts with admin rights.....issue is resolved.
That's great!!!! If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
That's great!!! If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci