Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support
Experience:  MCSE, MCP
18224842

How do I change background color in Windows Live Photo Gallery

How do I change background color in Windows Live Photo Gallery? I like to display slides against black background but default color is white.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Erik B. replied 3 years ago.

Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

There is no way to do it from within Live Photo Gallery, but you can change a setting in the Windows registry to accomplish what you want. You can CLICK HERE to download an automatic fix. Just click the link and then open the file after download to merge it with your registry. Then open Live Photo Gallery and it should have a black background.

If you prefer to do it manually you can use the instructions below. Thanks!

1. Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the R key to bring up the Run window.
  2. Type regedit and click OK.
  3. In the registry editor, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\Viewer.
  4. When you highlight the Viewer folder, the right hand pane will change.
  5. Right click anywhere in the right hand pane and choose New -> DWORD Value.
  6. Name the value Backgroundcolor and then double click it to open it.
  7. Type ff000000 for the value and save it.
  8. Now right click again and click New -> DWORD Value.
  9. Close Registry Editor and then open Live Photo Gallery and the background should be black.
  10. Name it Textcolor and then double click it to open it.
  11. Type ffffffff and save it.
Erik B., Computer Support
Experience: MCSE, MCP
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Erik:

Everything worked just as you said it would. Thanks for your expertise. I really appreciate it.

Craig

Expert:  Erik B. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Craig have a great weekend!