Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.

I have an e-mail account set up with VistaPrint. I cannot

Customer Question

I have an e-mail account set up with VistaPrint. I cannot get outlook 2010 configured properly to receive my VistaPrint mail in Outlook. After three hour-long phone sessions with VistaPrint's tech support, I'm being told, again, that the problem lies with Outlook, not with VistaPrint. I HAVE been able to access my yahoo and gmail accounts just fine using Outlook 2010.

When I test the settings, I get an error message that says "-ERR POP3 not set up for this account."

I HAVE been able to get Outlook to send a test message, I just can't get to the incoming messages.

I am SOOOOO frustrated. Please help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.

ITTechQ&A :

Hello, Thank you for contacting JA, I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Customer :

Great! Thanks.

ITTechQ&A :

OK, what email are you trying to setup in outlook gmail or yahoo?

Customer :

Neither. It is through VistaPrint.

Customer :

The domain is dsmithagency.com.

ITTechQ&A :

did they provide you the settings?

Customer :

They said for both incoming and outgoing I use mail.dsmithagency.com

Customer :

Incoming port is 110. Outgoing is 587.

Customer :

they've walked me through it repeatedly and now saythat it's a problem with Outlook, not on their end.

ITTechQ&A :

Did they have you create a new profile select POP3 and then plug in the settings?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

When I test the settings it says "ERR POP3 not set up for this account.

Customer :

As i said, I have done it with Yahoo and gmail with no issues.

ITTechQ&A :

That's strange it doesn't sound like a outlook issue especially \if you have 2 other accounts set up.

Customer :

I agree. the pompous ASS at VistaPrint said he is the most knowledgeable person there and i need to trust him that the problem is with Outlook.

ITTechQ&A :

Do you have another PC you can try and configure the email on?

Customer :

unfortunayely no.

ITTechQ&A :

If you get the same result on another PC then it's definitely not a outlook issue.

ITTechQ&A :

OK

ITTechQ&A :

Do you have windows 7?

Customer :

yes

ITTechQ&A :

OK, we can download windows live mail which is free and try to configure through there.

Customer :

What will that do for me?

ITTechQ&A :

We can see it's a outlook or vista issue.

ITTechQ&A :

It's another mail client program like outlook.

ITTechQ&A :

If we get sort of the same message then it's has to be a vista problem.

Customer :

I tried to do it through ACT! 2011 as well. It didn't work.

ITTechQ&A :

ACT is not a mail client though.

Customer :

I believe it can be used as such.

ITTechQ&A :

OK, I am not sure don't have much experience with ACT

Customer :

i actually bought Outlook because ACT! is supposed to synch with it.

Customer :

So what do you want me to do/

Customer :

?

ITTechQ&A :

OK ACT does intergrate with outlook, but ACT is not a mail client Outlook, Windows Live Mail those are mail clients. In which you configure a email in.

ITTechQ&A :

I say let's download install windows live mail and try to configure the email to see if we get the same result.

Customer :

Where do i find it?

ITTechQ&A :

Provided is the link when you reach the site click download now and install. Click here>>Windows Live Mail

Customer :

Oh! I apparently have it on my laptop already.

ITTechQ&A :

OK, let's open it and try to configure the email

Customer :

ok working on it

Customer :

It's up. Been putting info into the form

ITTechQ&A :

ok

Customer :

I keep getting a dialogue box asking for my user name and password. Same as when i used Outlook.

ITTechQ&A :

Do you have the correct username and password?

Customer :

yes. the dialogue box has stopped popping up. I'm trying to send a message now.

ITTechQ&A :

ok

Customer :

I know there are messages in that mailbox. Shouldn't they come through here?

Customer :

Dialogue box is back.

ITTechQ&A :

If the credentials are not correct the messages won't download. If you keep getting the dialog box for username and password something is incorrect.

ITTechQ&A :

Did you have them give you the username and password when you last spoke to them?

Customer :

It shows that my test message is stuck in my outbox

Customer :

Yes. I actually set it up.

ITTechQ&A :

It won't go through if the credentials are not correct.

Customer :

The user name should be david.smith, correct?

ITTechQ&A :

I am not sure.

Customer :

not the whole e-mail address

Customer :

hmmm

ITTechQ&A :

That all depends on the email provider.

ITTechQ&A :

What did vista say the username was?

Customer :

well, it defaulted to david.smith, so I'm thinking that is what they told me.

Customer :

I'm getting an error 250 message

Customer :

let me try again to set it up

ITTechQ&A :

OK

Customer :

It's not working. More of the same!

ITTechQ&A :

Yes, definitively not a outlook issue. There is something within the vista email account that is causing all the trouble.

ITTechQ&A :

Maybe a password issue or a reset of the password.

Customer :

The host 'mail,dsmithagency.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.

Subject 'Test 1'
Server: 'mail,dsmithagency.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 587
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 11004

ITTechQ&A :

Not quite sure but it's within the account and not the mail outlook or windows live mail.

Customer :

Thank you. That's what i said.

ITTechQ&A :

You are welcome.

Customer :

So i STILL lack a solution.

Customer :

Thanks for trying.

ITTechQ&A :

Your welcome, but at least now for sure you know its a account issue and not a outlook.

Customer :

I was pretty sure before

ITTechQ&A :

If I have assisted you with your question clicking "Accept" would be greatly appreciated.

Customer :

Well, I didn't solve my problem.

Customer :

I offered to pay $28 to get a solution to my problem. A verification of the problem is not a solution. Sorry.