Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

My Acer laptop wont shutdown. I have restored factory setting

My Acer laptop wont shutdown. I have restored factory setting and Vista business has been downgraded to WIndows XP. I beelive it is a software problem and not an hardware problem. How can I ge this fixed. Laptop was bought 18 motnhs ago and has not been used as was bought for my mum.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for choosing justanswer.com I will be glad to assist you today. You mean it won't shut down on it's own at all. Meaning start then shut down what exactly does it do?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can use use computer (have downloaded Micorsoft Office 2010) and accessed internet. When I go through normal process of shutdown it sits at blue screen saying Windows XP shutting down and I have to force shutdown with on/of button at the back of keyboard.
Have you done a disk cleanup or a disk defragment to increases the speed of the data acess so it responds and shuts down faster?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Computer hasnt been used and has only been connected to Internet today. Is it anything to do with the fact I have downgraded from Vista Business to Windows XP. It was done legitimately with Acer recovery disks and then Micro office 2010 was installed.
True but when the computer installs windows or anything for that matter onto a hard drive it doesn't care where it puts it on the hard drive so it's actually not in the fastes and quickest data access points meaning that it basically has drawn a huge road map to get to your data and close it down.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have to leave down but will check anything further from you or your collegaues tomorrow. Thank you

No problem have a great day.

If this advice is helpful, please click ACCEPT. It is the only way I will be personally compensated for my time, and it will not affect the amount you have already agreed to pay. A Bonus is optional. Thank You in advance!